TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally finished the toyota's gas and did 335 miles then filled up with 18.4 gallons and did 18.2 .. Hoping that this only gets better as the engine breaks in. as my step dad's new truck went from about 8-12 after a year or so.. But hell 18.2 aint that bad with mostly city driving and IT"S A MANUAL... So I'm pretty pleased so far with the gas mileage.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
After the lift its over. :D

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know don't say that though... What u get the with 285/75's? I plan to get saw's or something in the front and def. Leaf springs in the rear for as close to 3" as I can get.. Running what ever a 32 is on a 16" rim.... 275/75/16?? about

·
Registered
358 Posts
well before my lift i was consistently getting 20-21 mpg. After the lift I get anywhere from 16-18 mpg. Best was a week ago at 18.5mpg. I put some 265/75'-16 on for tires. I would bump up to a 285/75-16 if I had to do it again though.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm assuming you get less than 3" lift or something around there? yea I'm hoping it'ss improve as the motor gets wear on it

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Funny how much reserve gas is in the tank when the guage says empty huh? I used to fill up when the empty light came on, but not any more. The tank holds 21 gallons, so there's another 45 miles of city driving left before you have to fill up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had my 07 6spd for 4 months now and i haven't gotten more than 13.9 mpg. The dealer says this is normal, i say they are full of shit. I woulda bought a full sized truck if mileage was gonna be this bad

·
Registered
883 Posts
omg, sabotage it and use your warranty, i wouldn't put up with that shit. unless you use the gas pedal instead of the brake the entire time, theres absolutely no way. i can go a whole day wheeling in 4wd and not get that bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That mileage is terrible and I would not put up with it. Have had my '07 DCLB 4WD for about a month now and about 3800 miles so far. HAve logged every tank so far and am getting right at 19MPG avg. I drive a 77 mile each way trip to work through a forest and some good 2-lane roads running around 55-70 usually. Unless you are in the great white North and sucking up that Winter blend fuel that is definitely not "normal".

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I'm going to fill up tomorrow I've done 180 on 1/2 a tank But have drove somewhat more aggressive then the first tank of 19 mpg (this is only my second tank) and i'll see what mpg I get then.. If it's not good I'm going to throw a hissy fit @ toyota lol..... Cause I'm babying this thing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah if you are in the north...driving in colder temps will make the engine run a little harder. More Harsh start ups and longer high idle periods will drink fuel too when its real cold.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just finished my second tank. 17.5mpg on 87 octane... winter blend.

I'm now topped off with 91 octane to see what kind of difference it makes.

I find the engine runs a little smother and seems to have more pep, but it could all be mental too.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have 805 miles on my 07 DC SB, TRD Offroad 5spd. Most of them are fwy. The first tank was about 19.2, the second about 19.8. Thats hwy driving in the NW, so 65-75 and mountainous. Pretty darn good for a brand spankin new motor, I expect it to go up. Thats also with a 1.75" lift which increases the front cross section. That was also on 87 octane. I plan to run 87 all the time, and 89 when towing. 91 when towing above 5K feet.

Man this thing drives awesome. The power is amazing. It only downshifted a handful of times in my 600 mile road trip this weekend. When that torque converter unlocks in 5th and you get 2300-2500 rpms there isnt much it wont climb in OD. But when it does downshift it holds that gear until the top of the hill.. me likey....

I have a SGII installed in the truck and the mileage it puts out is dead accurate. Really cool. The gauge is pretty accurate too. When the needle in on the bottom of the half mark the tank is actually half empty. There are about 3 gallons left in mine when the light comes on.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To you guys with manuals

When I try to take it easy shift before 2K do all your gears feel as smooth as when you shift at say 2500? Going into third don't feel as smooth as the other gears esp. when it's lower rpm's thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got around 17 mpg on city and 18.5 hwy and it has been constant since day one, now it clocks 15500 miles.
I only use 91octane and never let it go to less than the 1/4 tank mark, only once the low fuel light has come on.

I clean my K&N air filter every 1000 miles, it's so easy that it would be stupid not to do it.

I wonder if a fuel injection cleaner would be advisable for regular maintenance, I heard somewhere that if used too much, these cleaners may damage the injectors, what do you think?

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
My 06 dbl cab auto started out at about 18.5 MPG and is up to a little over 20 mpg average after a year of ownership (only 6500 miles though) So you can expect improvement.

·
Registered
883 Posts
i got 22.8 mpg for my first fillup. i didnt go over 60 though. after that its 19.8 on average driving normally.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the 4.0 4x4 AC 15k miles. At last check I got 20.5 mpg (Mixed driving about 70% highway and 30% city/backroads) which I'am happy with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have an 07 DC 4x4 TRD, my first tanks were: 17.3mpg, 17.8mpg, 18.4mpg, 18.8mpg, and 17.9mpg. I stopped tracking it, but I just took a trip almost all highway (75mph) I got right at 20mpg, but I did climb 4000 ft in elevation.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.