TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went wheeling again today and man it is so fun i love this hobby so much more than drag racing.
I have an 03 prerunner so no 4 wheel drive but i was going up and through sutff that i never thought it would do i cant wait until i can convert to 4 wheel drive. There was a jeep out there that had 33 or 35 tires and i went thourgh every thing he did when he was in 2wd. He said that my toyota was very impresive for it being all stock and keeping up with him in 2wd.
I know this sounds like some pussy shit wheeling but this is all new to me and i am glad i have jumped on the band wagon of off roading. good luck to all next time you go wheeling.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Glad you had a blast, where are you from? Check out the dezert tech you might want to stay 2wd if you have dezert around you. Crawling is for new borns and old people who cant get up.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
you can do alot with 2 wheel drive. Drove a dakota and a ranger both 2wd back in 2002 and took them place that you wouldn't normally see 2wd.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in euless texas to be truthful there is not much to wheel around here except mud and big hill sides that are really steep which i did sucsefully climb today but it was fun. I will try and get pics next time out. Well i would try out the desert shit but i dont live by any desert so why waist my time?
I do drive a 2wd truck but i think that the prerunner section is a waist of my time due to the fact that i will be 4 wheel drive with in the next 6 monthes. Dont get me worng prerunners are cool but i want 4 wheel drive.
Thanks for the responses from every one.

·
Registered
394 Posts
It gets into your blood like a drug!

·
Registered
200 Posts
You gotta start somewhere!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I love your excitement! I felt the same way the first time I went. . . . . And I was just like you -- 2WD stock 03 PreRunner. . . .

After a couple more trips, I quickly discovered the limitation of 2WD and I decided to do the conversion also. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in your project . . . Things get a lot more interesting once you've got 4WD . . .

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Revivalist, who did your rear bumper? It's looks great! I want to do the same chop with my tacoma and have been searching for a compatable bumper.

·
Registered
531 Posts
AJ made it at bentup.com. . . . The last pic doesn't show it, but there's a spare tire mount for it as well. Here's what it looks like when it's on there . . . .

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
joerunner said:
I went wheeling again today and man it is so fun i love this hobby so much more than drag racing.
I have an 03 prerunner so no 4 wheel drive but i was going up and through sutff that i never thought it would do i cant wait until i can convert to 4 wheel drive. There was a jeep out there that had 33 or 35 tires and i went thourgh every thing he did when he was in 2wd. He said that my toyota was very impresive for it being all stock and keeping up with him in 2wd.
I know this sounds like some pussy shit wheeling but this is all new to me and i am glad i have jumped on the band wagon of off roading. good luck to all next time you go wheeling.
Cool! Another convert! Hope you have some deep pockets : )

Where is Euless, TX? Gilmer, TX is a cool place to go. In fact, some of us Arkansas boys are headed that way the end of this month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts