TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems we are all making big improvements for this season's wheeling so I thought I better follow suit.

Right now PORC has a chunk of mine getting freash 4.88s & an ARB for the front since after the last snow day (figure 8 donuts), I developed a pinion seal leak.

Also I'm currently installing a VIAIR onboard air system. It will pneumatically control the ARB via PowerTank's handy little air switch ... no electrical ... KISS!

Finally some freash 36" IROCs on some 15x10 steelies (future home-made BLs)are due the end of this week.

Combined with my current 'home schoolin' hopefully y'all won't hardly recognize the Runner very soon. :saw: :welder:

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
crawlrunner said:
Well it seems we are all making big improvements for this season's wheeling so I thought I better follow suit.

Right now PORC has a chunk of mine getting freash 4.88s & an ARB for the front since after the last snow day (figure 8 donuts), I developed a pinion seal leak.

Also I'm currently installing a VIAIR onboard air system. It will pneumatically control the ARB via PowerTank's handy little air switch ... no electrical ... KISS!

Finally some freash 36" IROCs on some 15x10 steelies (future home-made BLs)are due the end of this week.

Combined with my current 'home schoolin' hopefully y'all won't hardly recognize the Runner very soon. :saw: :welder:

awesome its about time you got that front locker.

when can i send my truck up with you to do a little "growing up"? lol

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
front lockers rule! glad to see some new mods coming along. i too shall have a bl in the very near future(happy valentines day) and a new front bumper!
-daniel

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
04tacodrvr said:
front lockers rule! glad to see some new mods coming along. i too shall have a bl in the very near future(happy valentines day) and a new front bumper!
-daniel

I think the "BL" Ed is talking about is Bead Locks.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
04tacodrvr said:
-daniel

damn it. you have me debating whether or not i should put a locker in that diff i got from you. problem is, i have no $$$ lol and i need 4wd NOW. haha

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
STOMPER said:
James is correct ... I'm gona build my own beadlocks after A LOT of welding practice. What bl are U getting Daniel?

Ryan I'm getting the bias. These are def. not DD tires. According to Rick the tread just oozes right off of them around town. They have one of the highest tread/void ratios of any tire, more than a Krawler.

I'm copying Kyle. Monkey see (monkey), monkey do. :p

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
STOMPER said:
ya ya, always gotta ruin my fun you grumpy s.o.b.! :)
-daniel

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
gregers05 said:
damn it. you have me debating whether or not i should put a locker in that diff i got from you. problem is, i have no $$$ lol and i need 4wd NOW. haha
locrite dosen't cost that much, i'd wait if you could but thats me. now that i have one i wouldn't want to be without one!
-daniel

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
crawlrunner said:
James is correct ... I'm gona build my own beadlocks after A LOT of welding practice. What bl are U getting Daniel?

Ryan I'm getting the bias. These are def. not DD tires. According to Rick the tread just oozes right off of them around town. They have one of the highest tread/void ratios of any tire, more than a Krawler.

I'm copying Kyle. Monkey see (monkey), monkey do. :p
ya, i'm an idiot! i'm going with the 3" 4crawler, should have it ordered in about a week. just curious what you gonna do with those 33's ya got?
-daniel

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
04tacodrvr said:
ya, i'm an idiot! i'm going with the 3" 4crawler, should have it ordered in about a week. just curious what you gonna do with those 33's ya got?
-daniel
I don't know. What are ya thinking?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Hey Ed when you going to get hysteer? That push pull is not going to last long with 36s and a Locker. Please carry a spare until you replace it.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
crawlrunner said:
Yeah, I have seen to expect like 10k out of them. I figure I don't really drive anywhere though except to the trails. I'm gonna have to find a set of used 35 ATs though to get mounted up on a spare set of rims to drive to Tellico and anywhere far away in though.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ATLRoach said:
Hey Ed when you going to get hysteer? That push pull is not going to last long with 36s and a Locker. Please carry a spare until you replace it.
You are probably correct. I got a spare and 2 spare birfs. You know me though once I break it, hysteer will be on the way.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
crawlrunner said:
I don't know. What are ya thinking?
might be interested in taking them off your hands if you're not gonna need such a small tire anymore :)
-daniel

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ATLRoach said:
ED I saw your 3rd sitting at PORC yesterday......

w/ an ARB and good pattern on it.

EEEEKKKK! They havn't called yet ... so I'll call them. The onboard air system is installed and waiting for it's Austrailian buddy!

Thanks Boss

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
04tacodrvr said:
might be interested in taking them off your hands if you're not gonna need such a small tire anymore :)
-daniel
You do know they are 15x33x12.5 don't you?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
14 Participants
91toyota4x4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing