TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the build up and progress of my 94 standard cab pickup. My pops bought this truck with an empty solid axle housing up front and an All-Pro SAS kit that was tacked in place. Rear suspension was tacked in place as well.

His plan was to build a mild trail rig, installed some 33" BFG's, finished welding the suspension and steering. And here is how it sat

He then decide to build something else. So after beating on my 84 for a few years, I thought the 94 would be a nice upgrade :D Here are a few pics of my old rig

So I started taking it apart

And started transplanting the parts

My buddy helping me install my axle from the 84

My 2nd case with 4.7 Marlin gears that went behind the AA adapter

After a days worth of work, here is how it sat. 84 Front end with 30 spline longfields, 5" All-pro springs front and rear, Hy-steer, 39.5" TSL's

The bed was way too long, time to start cutting it up :saw:

My buddy helped me bend up a rear bumper

Tried to match the paint the best I could :rolleyes:

I then sold my rims & tires and picked up some 39" Red label Krawlers ;)

Bought some 17" steelies and beadlocked them with some weld on's from Off-Road Overstock

Then I decided to chop it up again :eek:

And built some 1/2 doors

I then took it to a friends house and we bent up a cage for the cab and a bed cage as well for the back seat

At the All-pro "Meet, Greet & Eat"

A few wheeling pics

Then I picked up a set of 1-Tons :D

1"-3/4 OD, 1/4" wall tie rod and drag link

1-Tons and 42's installed

Busted an old @$$ stock U-Joint in the front 60

Wheeled it for our night run back in August but didn't get any pics. It's been sitting since, and now I just got rid of my Iroks and my H1 beadlocks and picked up some 42" TSL's and Great Lake Off-Road 36 bolt beadlocks

I will be doing more work later this week, the truck is getting a makeover :welder:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Damn, the rig looks sick Carlos. I hope to build me a Toy like that eventually.:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome Carlos !

Can't wait to see what you have in store !
Thanks Steve!

You have a ton of style. Major cool and I bet it is so fun to drive.
Thanks Brent, It is fun to drive man....When I can keep it together that is :)

Way cool Carlos. Did you and Joey do the same type of front dove tail?
Front dove tail Wyatt? :lmao: You mean dove NOSE? Same idea as Joey's, he did his shortly after I did mine.

Damn, the rig looks sick Carlos. I hope to build me a Toy like that eventually.:D
Man, your FJ is already on it's way! LOL

Damn.......... You change tires more often than I do......... that's alot! :D
Tryin' to keep up with you AZ boys bro, 44's might be next :saw:

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Front dove tail Wyatt? :lmao: You mean dove NOSE? Same idea as Joey's, he did his shortly after I did mine.
:doh: Yeah... Thats what I meant....:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like seeing some one put the effort into clean body mods, even though they know there just going to smash it up, most guy just hack it off and weld it up. good job

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
love the stance, nice work man :D

question; did you like the 39 stickies when you ran them ?

they seem like about the limit for built toys size wise, was just curious if you had any issues other than wanting to go bigger -
Thanks, I did like the tires. Not heavy at all and they worked well, although I don't think I had the wheel spin/horse power to spin them enough to heat up. I heard that when they heat up they work even better, other than that I have no complaints at all.

I like seeing some one put the effort into clean body mods, even though they know there just going to smash it up, most guy just hack it off and weld it up. good job
Thanks man! My original plan was actually to keep it clean, but you know how that goes :eek: I'm going to fix a few of the dents and paint pretty soon.

Wow, killer rig!

I really like the pinched nose. How'd you attach the horizontal tube at the fire wall, or does it connect to the cage inside?
Thank you. The tube just attaches to the firewall, the firewall was plated before welding the tube to it. It already took a hard roll, but I'm still thinking about re-doing it and connecting it to the cab cage. But it's just so much work :D

I haven't had the chance (or money) to start on the make over yet. But, I did take it out to Truck Haven over Thanksgiving weekend. The truck worked good, loving the new tires! I need some sort of hydro assist for my steering though cause it's not cuttin' it

A couple vids. They don't do the spots justice, but they were pretty steep and the 1st one was undercut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4cHJUlmpwc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gsJF4GXo18

·
Registered
92 Posts
" Thanks, I did like the tires. Not heavy at all and they worked well, although I don't think I had the wheel spin/horse power to spin them enough to heat up. I heard that when they heat up they work even better, other than that I have no complaints at all. "

thanks - that pretty much sums up what ive been hearing on low gears and sticky compounds :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts