TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
this along with the 15 year olds blowing bombs in a Walmart..makes me sick! it is sad to read what some kids nowadays are capable of doing....

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
It made it to all the stations. It was the "top story" yesterday morning on 13. Sad, yes. But if everyone knew he was ditching school all last year and getting in trouble, where the hell were his parents and what were they doing (or not doing) to remedy the situation? It sucks that they lost their son, but it doesn't seem like it came out of nowhere. It seems to me that they had a lot of time to do something about it. Parents these days really piss me off when their kids fuck up but they never did anything about it. They they want to cry a river when something tragic like this happens. If I knew my kid was skipping class (especially on a regular basis) I would do WHATEVER it took to straighten him/her out. I would have no trouble putting time and effort into making sure MY child gets his/her act together!! I know kids are kids. That's why parents need to act like fucking parents.
I am sorry for their loss as I cannot imagine how hard it would be to lose a child, but I still say that it could have been avoided. His ass should have been in class.

This concludes my opinion.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carlos, I completely understand where you are coming from, well not completely I don't have kids of my own yet..... in most of these cases the parents are never home. Kid nowdays that come from low income families where the parents have to work long days or two jobs just to be able to put food on the table. These kids are force to grow up on their own, or in the streets. I am very lucky my parent have been real tough on me. But my neighbors are a different story. This area has become more arrogant in crimes. Those places that were considered safe or untouchable like churches and schools are now seeing violence. I normally tied it to the hurricane katrina evacuees, the school had a major school-wide fight earlier this year that resulted in 27 arrest. Then there was an incident where a 15 year old student was sexually assaulted on school ground by a person she met on myspace. I graduated back in 2004 from there, it was very different from when I was going to school. We had a lot of fights, but no one really got hurt. I can feel the anger and hate these kid today have in school. I can't even walk on campus without getting some stupid punk looking at me funny as if they want to fight all the time. Since I graduated the school has gone though three different school principle with very different style of controlling the school. I volunteer on a weekly basic. And my family is telling me to quit going to the school, but I refuse because I feel that the school needs me now more than ever. I wanna helps these kids.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Clear Lake is getting bad also This happening across from where my ex & Taylor lives.. Which is in what used to be a great area.. They said they heard the shots and could see just about everything except for the apartment that this happend in.. She lives in some nice condos this happened in some apartments acroosed the street..

It's was just a good thing the homowner was the one giving all the punishment..
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=4798492

Two men were shot during an apparent robbery attempt in the Clear Lake area Sunday night.

Police say four men armed with a gun barged into a home and tried to tie up the homeowner. The homeowner had his own gun and fired on the suspects. Two of the four were hit. The other two tried to get away.

"I ran outside and there was a guy lying right there shot and we drove around," said neighbor Brittany Hubbell. "We got in the car and drove around. And there was another guy in the red shot over there."

The homeowner was not hurt. The two suspects who were shot were taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah sadly todays society in general don't know how to raise their kids or are having kids too young without the time nor money to help keep the kids out of problems when they get into them.

Now don't understand me wrong (not all parents today are like that)
It seems to me by my observation that those kids who are always runnning into trouble seem to be more and more and come from lower and more broken families. Or families that just don't seem to care what is happening in their kids lives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts