TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hp ford dana 44 with 6 lug chevy flatops.
I'm soon getting gm large bearing spindles from a friend
caliper brackets
calipers
rotors
Brake pads
using chevy stub shafts
warn premium hubs
wheel studs
4.88 ring and pinion
Master install kit
TREs- What kind is recomended?
Other bearing and seals
Get knuckles milled and tapped
high steer arms and hardware - which ones have yall used (best for the $$$)

AM i missing anything to get my axle finished? (locker will come later)
Everything sound right?
Thanks,
Matt :welder:

·
Registered
168 Posts
WhyHikeAU said:
caliper brackets
calipers
rotors
Brake pads
using chevy stub shafts
warn premium hubs
wheel studs
4.88 ring and pinion
Master install kit
Other bearing and seals

Everything sound right?
Thanks,

Ball joints

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
what type of locker will you be putting in later? i forget where the carrier break is for gears but you may need a new carrier, if so and you are putting an ARB or Detroit (Dont they suck) up front you will have to pay another install fee for the locker since it replaces the carrier, if your using a "lunchbox style" lockrite or one of the others disregard what i have said above with the excption of needing a new carrier

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
WhyHikeAU said:
yeah my steering might thank me but my wallet wont, selectables are to much $$$$
Dozens of people run Lockrights and the like up front. I have a Lockright up front and don't regret getting it. It can be hard to steer at times but the extra traction makes up for it. Plus you can install it at home in your garage. No getting backlash checked and all that shizzam.

·
Registered
22 Posts
WhyHikeAU said:
caliper brackets
calipers
rotors
Brake pads
using chevy stub shafts
warn premium hubs
wheel studs
4.88 ring and pinion
Master install kit
Other bearing and seals

Everything sound right?
Thanks,
dont forget u-joints for your axle shafts,also dont forget a front diff cover,or a gaurd to protect your diff cover because you will hit your diff cover a lot when wheeling

And as far as the knuckles I think I paid 60.00 to get my knuckles milled drilled and tapped,and it was 40 bucks for shipping for mine.so you will be looking at close to $100.00 +/- $40.00 from PartsMike

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
WhyHikeAU said:
Iy looks like I am going to go with Parts Mike Super Arms and Hardware. How many of you got parts mike to mill your knuckle? How much was it?
Thanks
MAtt
I believe PM milled one of my knuckles for free since I bought a whole steering kit from him (somewhere close to $600). He probably doesn't do that anymore!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone used the arms that allow you to make your draglink connect to the arm, A passenger side arm with 2 holes one for tierod and one for draglink. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
WhyHikeAU said:
Has anyone used the arms that allow you to make your draglink connect to the arm, A passenger side arm with 2 holes one for tierod and one for draglink. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these?
your turning radius wont be as good with the drag link going to the pass side high steer arm. the shorter the distance from the drag link mount and the ball joint the sharper you will be able to turn, this may not be an issue if the pitman arm is long enough. also you may have clearance issues between the frame and the drag link...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
WhyHikeAU said:
Iy looks like I am going to go with Parts Mike Super Arms and Hardware. How many of you got parts mike to mill your knuckle? How much was it?
Thanks
MAtt
He did mine for about $45 a pair but I also pusrchased 2 sets of highsteer kits from him. PM is definitly a great guy to do business with.

Later
-TRent

1 - 17 of 17 Posts