TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally have a chance to post up some pics of my adventure. This was my first time to Baja, we went from Tuesday til Saturday. We set up our pit in Gonzaga Bay and pitted for Cooley in the Class 10 buggy and for Bill Varnes' #35 Mastercraft Trophy Truck. Both vehicles did pretty well, we actually wound up helping alot of other vehicles that weren't ours. I guess that's what happens when you have a pit with bright lights and tools. All in all a great trip- I'll definitely be back there next year!

Hotel in Ensenada, lots of guys thrashing to make final repairs in the parking lot and in their rooms.

Contingency Wed. morning, the line went for blocks

Mastercraft Trophy Truck #35 that we pitted for in Gonzaga Bay.

Femme Fatale truck- she came through our pits needing an alternator at 2AM, but we couldn't help her.

Donahoe Tacoma, one of the drivers was rockcrawler Shannon Campbell. We were at mile 276 and never saw them come through, anyone know what happened?

Stickers!!!

Eating tacos in a bus...

Bought $80 of gas out of cans from this guy in Catavina.

Coco's Corner!

The view from our hotel in Gonzaga Bay...

Got to drive on the beach a bit

Toyota commercial?

We found a ditch and I had to drive through it.

Chase helicopter and trophy truck.

The trophy trucks were doing at least 100 mph when they passed, pretty hard to get pictures of them.

Our neighbors All German Motorsports gassing up their buggy.

The #30 truck lost an alternator belt and we were able to lend them a hand changing it.

Broken truck = big crowd

Coco loves taking pics with people. He drew a picture of my truck in his book.

That's all I've got. I would post more pics of trucks and bikes, but I figure you can see those on other sites. This post is about my adventure!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
awesome pictures.

Cool sipe in the middle of these MTR tires. Whats the purpouse? Less resistance?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Super Doody said:
awesome pictures.

Cool sipe in the middle of these MTR tires. Whats the purpouse? Less resistance?

There's a lot of custom siping in the baja world. I don't know the specific reason behind those tires, but I've heard lots of explanations having to do with the way they catch the dirt/sand when turning. It seems like they usually will sipe the fronts differently than the rears too. They will also cut the shoulders off the front tires sometimes so they dont catch so hard when sliding around a corner.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
makes me want to go fish gonzaga bay:D

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TimF said:
Great pics! I'm really bummed I didn't make the 1000 this year. What part of AZ are you from? I am in East Mesa.

Super Doody- Those are Yellow label MTR's. Have to be a racer to get a hold of one of those.

I live in Cave Creek and work at South Mountain by the Pointe.

Good point on the yellow labels, they might come that way with the groove in the middle.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
miguelitro said:
makes me want to go fish gonzaga bay:D
Yeah the grunion were literally jumping out of the water at night.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
NTAPHSE said:
I live in Cave Creek and work at South Mountain by the Pointe.

Good point on the yellow labels, they might come that way with the groove in the middle.

The treads also look siped. MTR especially new have sqaure theards that are taller.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spacecwboy said:
I know this thread is old, but what are the dates for next years (2007) Baja race?

http://www.score-international.com/baja1000/index.ihtml

The 1000 is Nov 11-16, but check the SCORE site there are a lot of other races before then. San Felipe 250 is coming up on March 9-11. I should be there pitting for Cooley and Pierce again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts