TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I no longer have Sunday and Mondays off. Got moved to Friday and Saturday. So now I need a good excuse as to why "we" can't go wheeling. When I say "we" I mean all you other fools in Georgia.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
:like:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I no longer have Sunday and Mondays off. Got moved to Friday and Saturday. So now I need a good excuse as to why "we" can't go wheeling. When I say "we" I mean all you other fools in Georgia.
Buy me an engine and I'll be your friend :p

·
Registered
435 Posts
I know where lots of engines are.
I don't have the funds now but late winter/spring I could use some help sourcing the stuff for a swap. After weighing all options, the 3.4 seems like the best way to go.

Back on topic - I know of some trails on Warwoman but that might be too far for the Runner right now.
We hit the trails around Helen a couple months ago. Not too far from us (Lawrenceville) and doable with a stock vehicle.
Do you ever do "trail riding"? Things that a stock, no body or under belly protection vehicle can do? If so, do you know of more that are not further away?

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The places I have went lately we took a stock f150 with us. He just couldnt venture out to play as hard.

·
Registered
435 Posts
didn't you just re-build that one not to long ago?
No. Just tinkered with it to get it running (tinkering includes an under hood fire, lol) while spending as little money as possible.
Compression is better than I would have assumed. I think the range was 115-125. The engine has 241,000 un-cared for miles on it. Plus the 32s are probably not helping.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Good deal! Buy me a rig and I'll be yur other friend. :p
Joe, what line of work you in btw?

After weighing all options, the 3.4 seems like the best way to go.
This!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
Yotaoffroad27
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing