TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My doors dont unlock (02 and newer please read!)

I have a Silencer keyless entry alarm in my truck and my doors dont unlock with the keyless. The alarm has been in since new (almost 4 years). The doors used to unlock every time...then most of the time....then rarely...and now never. What is up with this? Is this a Toyota thing?
Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did a little more research and found this:
EL006-01 AUG 01 Power Door Locks - Do Not Unlock On First Activation

It is a TSB for the issue. Does anyone know what the dealer does to fix this? I am long out of warranty and would like to know if it is anything I can do myself.
Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
340 Posts
avc8130 said:
I have a Silencer keyless entry alarm in my truck and my doors dont unlock with the keyless. The alarm has been in since new (almost 4 years). The doors used to unlock every time...then most of the time....then rarely...and now never. What is up with this? Is this a Toyota thing?
Thanks
Anthony
Have you changed the battery? That would cause the remote not to work...
If that isn't the case try having your local car audio shop look at it. Would be cheaper then the dealer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think it is the alarm. The lights flash and the alarm disarms. I think it has something to do with that TSB.
Anthony

·
Registered
711 Posts
avc8130 said:
Thanks
Anthony
That sucks mine does the same thing, only it usually unlocks but sometimes it doesn't. Pisses me off. :mad:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have done more research. If you are still under warranty get to the dealer. There has been a TSB to fix this. If not, for 2001 you have to replace the Body ECU under the dash. The fix is simple, but it costs 150$. Does anyone know if the problem was fixed for 2002 or 2003?
Anthony

·
Registered
711 Posts
avc8130 said:
I have done more research. If you are still under warranty get to the dealer. There has been a TSB to fix this. If not, for 2001 you have to replace the Body ECU under the dash. The fix is simple, but it costs 150$. Does anyone know if the problem was fixed for 2002 or 2003?
Anthony
Woah! Thanks bro think I'm still under warranty, need to get my ass to the dealer.

Thanks, Jesse

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What year is your truck? I am trying to determine if the problem was solved at the assembly line at some point. I want to find a newer one in the junkyard.
Thanks,
anthony

·
Registered
711 Posts
avc8130 said:
What year is your truck? I am trying to determine if the problem was solved at the assembly line at some point. I want to find a newer one in the junkyard.
Thanks,
anthony
I'm assuming your talking to me. I have a 2001 DBL cab.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I am waiting for a 2002 to respond whether or not their doors work. You better hurry and get to the dealer. You must be out of warranty real soon!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there a way I can change the title of this? We just need someone with an 02 or newer to respond!
Anthony

·
Registered
116 Posts
does you doors unlock with the switch?

it also depends where you have your doorlock wires tied into. you may have to rewire with a relay and program your alarm for double pulsed lock output. if you need this diagram e-mail me at [email protected] and i'll send it to you.

first check this:
lock output should be tied into a grey wire and unlock should be purple in plug below fuse panel under dash.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my door locks word perfectly through the switch and perfectly through the key. the thing that is strange is that they used to work perfectly, but not they dont work at all and they just got progressively less reliable. it is very weird.
anthony

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
chop, why did it used to work and slowly stopped? if a relay was necessary why did toyota go out and make a replacement body ecu? i am not saying you are wrong, i am just trying to learn :)
thanks ac
btw, youve got mail

·
838 Posts
2002 unlocking

Hey, I hav an 02 dbl cab and do not have the troubles with my door locks as reported here...however, when I put my truck in park and the doors are suppose to unlock, it makes the noise but only releases the lock 1/2 way so you have to push the unlock button anyway...

Doug

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so that might mean they did change the body ecu for 2002, which would mean the ones in junk yards might actually work!
time to make some phone calls!
ac

·
Registered
65 Posts
chopaholic said:
Like i said in my earlier post, you need to wire in a relay and program the alarm for double pulse.
Hey I have a 2001 Dbl cab with keyless entry and alarm. My problem is that when I shut off the key only my door unlocks, and the other remain locked. I was wondering if anyone out there could help me with this problem. The keyless remote has "TDS" on it, and I just bought this truck, so I don't know if it is factroy or after market. but would like it to unlock both doors if not all four when I turn off the truck.
Thanks for anyone who can help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts