TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2004 Prerunner single cab with the Camburg 2.5 Coilovers and Upper Control Arms. Last week i noticed one of my coilovers had some minor oil seepage from the bottom of the shock near the red collar that the shock shaft goes threw. I sent a email to Camburg that was answered within 2 hours by phone call and was told to bring it into there shop on Monday of the next week. Over the weekend i noticed that the passager Upper Control Arm was loose. I called Camburg on Monday and spoke to Scott and he told me to tighten the bolt before i drove 40 miles from my house to there shop. When i arrived i spoke to Scott who reassured me that the shock was ok and let me know that if it gets worse they will take care of it for me. He also checked the Nitrogen level in the coilovers to make sure that i had not lost any pressure and removed the bolts on the control arms and retightened the bolts to spec with locktite. I just wanted to share my great experience dealing with Camburg, a top notch company that stands behind there products and there work. :D :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have a 2004 Prerunner single cab with the Camburg 2.5 Coilovers and Upper Control Arms. Last week i noticed one of my coilovers had some minor oil seepage from the bottom of the shock near the red collar that the shock shaft goes threw. I sent a email to Camburg that was answered within 2 hours by phone call and was told to bring it into there shop on Monday of the next week. Over the weekend i noticed that the passager Upper Control Arm was loose. I called Camburg on Monday and spoke to Scott and he told me to tighten the bolt before i drove 40 miles from my house to there shop. When i arrived i spoke to Scott who reassured me that the shock was ok and let me know that if it gets worse they will take care of it for me. He also checked the Nitrogen level in the coilovers to make sure that i had not lost any pressure and removed the bolts on the control arms and retightened the bolts to spec with locktite. I just wanted to share my great experience dealing with Camburg, a top notch company that stands behind there products and there work. :D :D
So the shock is leaking oil but its OK???:confused:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
They all leak a little bit, even the super high dollar Kings.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They all leak a little bit, even the super high dollar Kings.
I was basically told the same thing. If i see oil on the lower control arm or ground then i have a problem and they would take care of it as long as i don't have a crap load of miles on the shocks. Right now i only have about 3000 miles on the whole setup.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
My donahoes never leaked

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its very minor....easyest way to describe it is if u were to take some wd-40 and squirt just a little bit on the shock body and drive down a dirt road and it collected dust....i wish i had a camera so i could take a picture of it.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I would check your shaft to make sure it doesnt have any nics in it cutting up the seal.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just checked both sides and i didnt see any nics or marks on the shaft of the shocks....my only other guess it that mabey one or all of the 3 allen bolts on the bottom is loose. I have to buy a new allen wrench set and i will check them and post if they were loose or not.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ok...so i finally got a camera to take picture's of the leaky shock.....should i be concerned or is this kinda normal? Its leaking from the red collar on the bottom of the shock body.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts