TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting this with hopes of doing the swap this winter.....it may end up waiting till next winter thou......depends on money:rolleyes:

I had planed on a dana 44 for the front......but after looking at costs and what I wanted the truck to be capable of I decided to go straight to a 60.....it is actually gonna end up cheaper.

I picked up a 60 from a 90' f350 dually......at first I thought I could use it in dually configuration but it won't work so I will have to slap some single wheel hubs on it......want to mate it with a 60 in the rear too......gonna go with 5.38s and full time lockers, front three link and 63" chevy's

when i brought it home

all tore apart

degreaseing and cleaning

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tacoma. I got some single wheel hubs last night and got a quote on gears, install kit, and locker from east coast gear...probly order beginning of next month

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not progress toward the swap but still progress.......I ordered one of these kits today

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Traction-Bar-Kit_p_1822.html

Due to the way my springs are mounted they are really soft and flat and the axle wrap is really bad.....i have already killed two ujoints so I figured I would try to fix it before I kill a R+P.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I welded it to the crossmember. It is a little bit of a bitch since now to remove it you have to pull the front crossmember too. But, in reality, the only reason I will pull it is to pull the cases in which case the front one has to come out makeing the fact they are welded together moot. I have an idea to seperate them if this isn't working out but it seems strong, its light, and is tucked up prett well so I guess time will tell lol

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And I drove it for the first time yesterday with the traction bar......holy shit!!! The truck is so much tighter feeling.....when you let the clutch out it moves instantly. I think it is gonna wheel a lot better since now all power is actually being utilized for forward propulsion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
Full_Tilt_Fud
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing