TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My roommate and I built this bumper with the help of Paul at CSU-P for the notching and letting us use his welder. The tubing is 1.75"x.120 and the mounting brackets are 1/4". We were limited on what we could do at the college, but this is the final result so tell me what you think!

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll get a side view up tomorrow. I've got extra tube so I'll get more protection for the radiator soon, thanks for the replies

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I think you did a great job as a 1st time bumper build. Would like to see the side view too.

·
7,735 Posts
Looks great.

You might want to think about a support running down from the outside wing to the frame mount tho... I'm not sure the support running to the front hoop will support that bumper if you get that wing into a rock.

Loving the profile tho!

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great.

You might want to think about a support running down from the outside wing to the frame mount tho... I'm not sure the support running to the front hoop will support that bumper if you get that wing into a rock.

Loving the profile tho!
thanks for the replies, definitely will try to get in and make a support, I've also found a couple spots that I need to gusset, so when i get time I will get those done.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I like it a lot. Simple and clean. If you make the adjustments like people were listing above i think it will be about perfect.

No plans for a winch? I was looking at it and you can mount a winch plate where the plate is and it should cover the radiator pretty well. It might be a bit low tho....hmmmm just throwing ideas out.

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No plans for a winch....yet. Thanks for all the constructive criticism, I will def. get those suggestions done!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I just saw you and your truck over by Parkview on 15th St. I work at Parkview and was walking back to my office from lunch. Bumper looked good! Truck looks nice as well. You were parked behind a red Ford Powerstroke dually on 15th. I was trying to walk down the hill to catch ya but you took off :D

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just saw you and your truck over by Parkview on 15th St. I work at Parkview and was walking back to my office from lunch. Bumper looked good! Truck looks nice as well. You were parked behind a red Ford Powerstroke dually on 15th. I was trying to walk down the hill to catch ya but you took off :D
Damn my bad, I was at jury duty and leaving my inner tie rod broke, so you just caught me after I got the new one in, sorry about that, definitely have to meet up and go wheel some time!

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
i take back my previous statements about radiator protection. the angle on the first pic made it so i didnt notice the plate you had in there since it was a head on view! looks good. clean and tucked up out of the way. i like it!

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i take back my previous statements about radiator protection. the angle on the first pic made it so i didnt notice the plate you had in there since it was a head on view! looks good. clean and tucked up out of the way. i like it!
thank ya:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts