TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 02 tacoma prerunner and not to long ago my gas light would dim on and off (just like when you are running low on gas), now it just stays on, but when i hit a bump it flickers. anyone knows what is going on? i would take it to toyota but my warranty is void because i dont keep my maintence with them (i do it myself) and to get it back on warranty i would have to get a full service which is over 200. i would appreciate the help. thanx
David

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Bull on the warranty. If you keep records of your own maintenace and the truck looks like it, you shouldn't have a problem getting the.......

Haha!!!...as I'm writing, I just caught your avatar. You're screwed...lol!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Your warranty will not be void if you do your own maintence. Tell your dealer to go to hell if they are telling you to spend $200.00 to put your truck "back on warranty".
I'm guessing your sender in the tank is just getting stuck..hence your light staying on. Who is your local Toyota dealer that told you that B.S.?

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Unless they can prove something you did, caused the sender in your tank to malfunction, then they should cover it.. If they don't, keep trying other dealers until you find one.

·
Registered
471 Posts
try filling it up with gas! thats what makes my light go off! ....j/k

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
x0ffr0adtac0x said:
i have a 02 tacoma prerunner and not to long ago my gas light would dim on and off (just like when you are running low on gas), now it just stays on, but when i hit a bump it flickers. anyone knows what is going on? i would take it to toyota but my warranty is void because i dont keep my maintence with them (i do it myself) and to get it back on warranty i would have to get a full service which is over 200. i would appreciate the help. thanx
David
yea, bs on the warranty stuff. Doing your own work has NOTHING to do with it. If they give you shit, inform the DSM (district service manger).

Have you smacked your tank? got a big dent? ;)
I know, you have a prerunner and really baby your truck but I thought I'd ask ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hytenor said:
yea, bs on the warranty stuff. Doing your own work has NOTHING to do with it. If they give you shit, inform the DSM (district service manger).

Have you smacked your tank? got a big dent? ;)
I know, you have a prerunner and really baby your truck but I thought I'd ask ;)
no i havent smacked it got a dent, but im going to my dealership this weekend and ill do what you said about informing the district manager. thanx guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts