TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i drove 17 hours non stop from houston to az and it was totally worth it for all this!

some great views out there

dusty as hell though

theres actually some trees out there deep down in the valleys

lindsay climbs a huge rock face

some old mines we explored

the texas camp

heres something you dont see everyday....and why does everything sound cooler with the word texas in it?

what lies beyond the ominous mountains of west texas? dust devils? gila monsters? mexicans?:eek:

ok somethings wrong here, on the drive up to az it was hot and dry up in the west texas mountains like this

and when i drive back on sunday the landscape suddenly looked very alien:confused:

im no expert but that looks like snow! in texas!

and it was everywhere

i stopped at i think it was fort davis, old fort way out in west texas. pretty cool.

this is the observatory on top of the hill above the fort

view of the fort below

the fort itself was fenced off with barb wire so i just took a pic from the fence line

and a poser shot:D

over all awesome trip!

some action shots of my rig that mike from norcal snapped weeeee!

vid.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
looks like ya'll had a blast! :flipoff4: Well more fun than I had over the weekend.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Cool pics! Looks like Lindsay doing some work on the truck at camp? What happened?
he was probably installing something so he can turn around and sell it.:p

·
Registered
655 Posts
cool and it looked awsome :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool pics! Looks like Lindsay doing some work on the truck at camp? What happened?
he bent both inner and outer passanger tie rods up like a pretzel. he also blew 2 tires. he kinda had a bad day.:) no carnage for me luckily, just some skid plates that got beat to hell.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looked like alot of fun, when will be the next trip out there?
I would like to try that out.
az rocks is an annual event that the ttora arizona chapter hosts every year. but the land is all public land, anyone can access it and run all the trails they want anytime they want as long as you have an offroad permit, which is only 15 bucks for a year. so you can just get together a group of trucks and run out there whenever you want if you cant wait for next years az rocks.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
he bent both inner and outer passanger tie rods up like a pretzel. he also blew 2 tires. he kinda had a bad day.:) no carnage for me luckily, just some skid plates that got beat to hell.
Wow, that sux for Lindsay. Glad you got some use out of those new beefy skid plates though. :xrocker:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, that sux for Lindsay. Glad you got some use out of those new beefy skid plates though. :xrocker:
skid plates and ground clearance are a must out there. my skids got beat on more than my sliders.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Cool pix!

Thanks for bringin it back to us!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts