TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Latest Money Pit

As a gear head I've built quite a few street rods through the years, but it's been a lot of years since I built one for myself. A year or so ago, the wife told me she wanted me to built a street rod for us, so I've had an eye out for a solid car to build on and last week one fell in my lap. I picked up this 1986 IROC-Z for 1800 bucks, it's in great shape and drives out good. It has a new transmission in it and a decent running 350 engine, which I plan on swapping out in the near future with a 430 HP 383 chevy. After I have the drive train the way I want it, I'll run it through the paint and body shop for a good restore on the exterior; I'm working on the interior now, rebuilding the doors and hinges to get rid of rattles.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Welcome back to the 80's! I wanted an IROC so bad then:D

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An LS/T56 Swap would be pretty damn cool.
I'm planning on an old school 383 swap, a 430 HP 383 from Blue Print Engines. I put one in an S-10 pick up for a guy a few years back and it's an impressive engine for the street.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I feel like I've seen this car online somewhere before. Was the previous owner on thirdgen.org by any chance? I own a 1989 IROC-Z convertible... Sadly enough it just sits in my garage the last 8-9 years and I'm putting it up for sale shortly. :(

Nice looking IROC!

·
Registered
368 Posts
body looks clean! looking forward to seeing the transformation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts