TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...

ive been doing some work to my truck a bit... doing some thatll make it in my own opinion look great!!!

- ok taco4life painted his rims black the other day, so i decided that im going to paint mine black too!! just waiting until monday when hopefully we can do it...
- Installed two lights in my bed with taco4life
- Took my "T" logo off the front of my truck and painted it the same blue as my truck.. looks great!
- Took all the emblems off the truck, painted them black and put them back on, but kept the SR5 and small TOYOTA above the TACOMA off... and cut the TACOMA on the side and made it TACO
- Taking the headlights out, taking the yellow turn signal indicator out and the orange reflector out, and painting the inside of the headlights black...
- Eventually in going to trade my neighbor for his base model tacoma grille for my chrome one

im going with the black on blue look with my truck... so everything will be black eventually or blue... no chrome

i finally, after many attempts of trying to get the headlights appart, contacted someone who has done it... if anyone wants to know how to get them appart just PM me and ill tell you... it sounds crazy but it works!!!

ill post up some pix in a bit...

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bake the headlights in the oven (after removing everything possible from it) at 305 degrees for exactly 9 minutes... its a real pain in the ass to take them appart so i suggest having someone help you...

i am going to have to redo them since i didnt primer them and the blacks already coming off, and the passenger side fogged up on the second day!! eh oh well live and learn...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
:worthless

Sorry had to :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol ya i know... ill get pix up ASAP!! i just moved so i dont have internet at my house so i cant post up pix right now... sorry guys... ill get them up ASAP!!

·
20,355 Posts
X2, it may look cool, but i cant see it doing anything but cutting down on the amount of light being emitted by them.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
X2, it may look cool, but i cant see it doing anything but cutting down on the amount of light being emitted by them.
you dont paint the whole inside of it, just the 'surround' or 'bezel' if you will...

i've done this with my civic, thought about it with my tacoma, but i dont have clear lensed lights so it doesnt matter.

The outcome will look something like this:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
i've done this with my civic, thought about it with my tacoma, but i dont have clear lensed lights so it doesnt matter.
Get some crystal lenses and reflectors for yours. Heard people that went from the non clear to the clear had a big difference in light quality.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i cant tell any difference in quality of light comming out of mine... i love how it looks!! its a bit tunerish for my style but still looks good... and yes its just the outside bezel, not the mirrored part

1 - 9 of 9 Posts