TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I won't actually get my hands on it for a few more weeks (until my move to San Diego), I just bought a SUPER CLEAN 1990 FJ62 that will be my new Daily Driver / Grocery Getter...

...As this WILL NOT be a 4-wheeling rig, my only plans are to throw on a set of 32" BFG A/T's, probably on AR Teflon Mojaves. A 2" OME lift (for looks). Probably at some point I will look into getting a rear bumper that has a swing-away tire carrier. :cool:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I give it ONE year.
I got $20 that says the grocery getter is gonna get more love & sweet mods than that...I predict that its gonna get the piss wheeled out of it too. :D

nice ride.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I give it ONE year.
I got $20 that says the grocery getter is gonna get more love & sweet mods than that...I predict that its gonna get the piss wheeled out of it too. :D

nice ride.
exactly what I was going to say.

I don't believe you'll keep it onroad at all Jamie

·
Registered
532 Posts
...As this WILL NOT be a 4-wheeling rig, my only plans are to throw on a set of 32" BFG A/T's, probably on AR Teflon Mojaves. A 2" OME lift (for looks). Probably at some point I will look into getting a rear bumper that has a swing-away tire carrier. :cool:
dont forget a front arb bumper, sliders, roof rack with lights, shovel, hi lift because you know it will look good with all this stuff. ;) and you KNOW 32s will look to small, just go straight to the 33s now and save yourself the trouble.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The truck was originally bought new in California. The original owner eventually moved to Colorado and sold the truck a few months later. The 2nd owner bought the truck in Colorado, but moved to California shortly after - but the 2nd owner's a CO native and kept the truck registered in CO. I will be registering it back in California - so I will have the fun SMOG police to deal with...

That 2nd owner is moving to Texas. He was originally asking $6500 for the truck but needed to sell it fast (so he wouldn't have to move it), and bumped the price down to $3000. As soon as he lowered the price, I jumped on it.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dont forget a front arb bumper, sliders, roof rack with lights, shovel, hi lift because you know it will look good with all this stuff. ;) and you KNOW 32s will look to small, just go straight to the 33s now and save yourself the trouble.
On one hand - YOU'RE EXACTLY RIGHT.

I've already thought of a front bumper, a roof rack, and sliders. I did consider going with 33's...

The thing is - right now my Tacoma is my DD, and I would probably get damn good gas mileage if it didn't weigh nearly 5000 lbs!

...This Cruiser is going to be my DD, and I don't want to weigh it down with that much steel. I heard that these things only get like 14 - 16mpg as is, so I don't want to push my luck with bigger tires, etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
401 Posts
it may be ugly, but you have no idea how much weight reduction you get when cutting off that back hatch part, that crap weighs a ton...

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it may be ugly, but you have no idea how much weight reduction you get when cutting off that back hatch part, that crap weighs a ton...
My bad, man - I didn't know that was your cruiser. :eek:

It looks like it's badass on the trail, but it's just not pretty. I know all that sheet metal in the rear weighs a shit-load. Just like the 4Runners.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Only a few mods.....yeaaaaah riiiight. :bs: You won't be able to resist. Can't wait to see that thing all modded out running the So Cal trails.

Oh and... $3000???? You make me sick! I could have bought a small fleet of those for what i paid for my 80.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That thins is sweet man!! I said the same thing about my taco 3 years ago! "this thing will never ever see dirt!!":rolleyes: hahahah!! U stoked about finally getting out of this hell hole?
More than words can say! ...Some shit has gone down here at work in the last week and a half, and I had to be reassigned for my last 3 weeks before I killed (a specific) somebody. I wish I could just transfer today. I can't fucking stand this place anymore!

I am looking forward to getting this Cruiser too. I bought the same Sequoia wheels that Gadget has on his 4Runner to put on my FJ62. That should look pretty sweet!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
My FJ62's new wheels:

17" Sequoia Wheels

**EDIT** - since I forgot to add this in anywhere...

The tires I'm running are:
TOYO Open Country A/T's
Size: 285/70/17
(32.7" x 11.2")

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I really like the stock sequoia rims alot.... I dont want to change them. i cant see the pic are they powder coated or the stock gun metal color.. I would like to see what they look like on you rig can you send me a couple pics it sounds nice. I really want a cruiser

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 60 Posts