TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't help it.. More bling from Demello..

Bilstein 7100 shocks with reservoirs, 12" travel shortbodies (28.06" extended, 16.03" compressed).. Custom upper and lower mounts made by Demello, raised up for my 3: body lift.. 24" Limit straps prevent damage to shocks/mounts from topping out... I can now finaly fully flex out my custom Deaver leaf springs.. :cool:

Oh yeah.. these replaced some Rancho 9000's I had in the stock location.. I was a bit worried about losing the adjustablity.. Night a day.. The Ranchos SUCK compared to these, no adjustments needed. Weeeeeeee....

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More Picts .....

·
Registered
23 Posts
lookin' aweseme!....demello's doing my setup in a couple weeks too. but i'm opting for the 5150s instead of the 7100. because of money and the 7100s are too much shock for my needs. having the 7100s would be sick though...hmmm? maybe i should do some OT at work.... ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nice..!! Very nice..!! Keep us posted how they perform on and off road, for I am thinking about changing the location of mine but I am not 100% sure what set up I should go for :confused: to be able to fully flex my Deavers. ;)
Jason and his team sure do good work.. :welder:
Thanks,

FS.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Where did you (or Demello) get those urethane bumpstops and how are they mounted? I've been looking for some of those....

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BajaRnr12 said:
Where did you (or Demello) get those urethane bumpstops and how are they mounted? I've been looking for some of those....
I got those a while back, They are energysuspension part number 9.9109.

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/bsp2.html

They are simply bolted to the frame bump stop. Between the factory one on the top of the leaf pack and this one, it controls bottom outs very nice. They make longer ones too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
No aux. fuel for you! :p

Looks great David! Man, this reminds me that I really need to replace my Ranchos with something better...

They are too short with my Alcans... and they are worn out. I want to go with something custom valved and a reservoir this time around.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BajaTaco said:
No aux. fuel for you! :p

Looks great David! Man, this reminds me that I really need to replace my Ranchos with something better...

They are too short with my Alcans... and they are worn out. I want to go with something custom valved and a reservoir this time around.
I've still got the entire area behind the spare tire x-member open.. I'm sure I can fit something in there!! :cool:

It's night and day compared to the Ranchos, these are great! It almost feels like that nice smooth ride when the truck was stock, yet it handles all the heavy stuff and off-roading just as good as the front 2.5 Camburgs.. now all my suspension rides great! I'm loading it up this weekend and heading out to Death Valley, so I'll get a chance to see how they handle with a full load and some nice nasty washboard and washouts for hours on end.. The reservoirs should help with that!.. I've already got most the gear in the truck to see how it does, and it's been great so far, even without being able to adjust them - they seem to adapt on their own! I almost feel like I could jump the truck with all the weight, and it would be fine.. Almost.. LOL..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Damn, those are some pretty good first impressions! Yer makin' me jealous! OK, well be sure to give us a report after you take them to death and back. LOL

Yea, you do still have quite a bit of room for a fuel tank. GO for it! :D

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Maybe if the socal chapter set up anything local and official, we could all see them in person!! :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
When are you leaving for Death Valley? If I get my rear diff locker fixed before, I'll be going out that way this weekend too. :)

Let me know.

FS.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pathtaco said:
When are you leaving for Death Valley? If I get my rear diff locker fixed before, I'll be going out that way this weekend too. :)

Let me know.

FS.
The group I'm going with is leaving early Sat morning,almost before daylight.. we will probably be in Saline by around 10-11ish.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Tankota said:
The group I'm going with is leaving early Sat morning,almost before daylight.. we will probably be in Saline by around 10-11ish.
I got my Optima battery installed :) and I'm still trying to get my rear differential locker fixed :xcrybaby: What channel are you guys going to be using?

Thanks, ;)

FS.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Most the time we use 16..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts