TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its an 88. Had a 3.slow, autotragic. Im gettin the frame, body, rear axle, ifs junk, 33x12.50 and interrior for $300

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
X2. Unless you're getting that stuff for free, I would go with something else...

Why don't you want to run Yota stuff? It will be more dependible than everything on that list.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am pretty much gettin all of the stuff for free. My dad has all of that stuff sittin round the shop. Being an Early Bronco guy hes got plenty of stuff layin around. I would like to toy stuff but since the Runner is essentially a shell, I figured I could run Bronco stuff

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have also mulled over the idea of a FJ40 frot that a friend of mine has. Everything is really up in the air until I get it from my buddy.

·
Registered
843 Posts
dana 30s are free on a lot of forums for a reason, i wouldnt bother swapping axles if your going to a dana 30 even the best built high dollar dana 30 with chromoly this and that is not as good as a decent 44 or other axle i wouldnt waste time on it

i would keep the ifs over a d30, at least the axle shafts are smaller if they need to be replaces

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the old man would let me get my hands on one of his D44s I would snatch it up qicker than hell. I wanna do it on a budget but I also want it built right. Since I am already hearing the bad for a D30 I think I will rethink that idea LOL.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the Runner delivered to my house last night. Pretty damn stoked to get workin on it.
Did decide that I am gonna go Toyota axle and toyota T cases.
Pics:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Plans changed. Keepin the 302 but usin a Toy trans/tcase(s), and a FJ 40 front axle.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts