TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I've been searching on here for me some new leafs and browsing around on the internet also for a couple of weeks. I'm planning on buying some this summer but want to have what I'd like to buy all organized by then. I'm no newb by anymeans so don't misunderstand me and try to flame me for not searching and all that bull crap some guys get off by doing haha..

Anyways my 07' taco is going to get a lift under it this summer. I'm planning on buying some Saw's for the front (2.0 or 2.5 not sure yet) and am a still debating in the rear. I've searched for leafs packs for the back in the new tacos but not too much luck. I'm looking to get 2-3 inches in the back and have good flex along with not alot of sag when i do pull. I do pull things, although not everyday. In the summer time I pull trailers, boats, jet Skies, stuff like that and would like them to work good under all those circumstances. Right now nothing's really in my bed.. I'm still going through the keep the truck as clean as possible stage, But i'm sure it's going to wear out soon.

A long time ago I thought I would get allpro leafs in the rear for my old truck but heard from some members that it was best to stick to them if you had a single cab 4 banger? I was looking at some posts and others say they are good lol I'm kinda confused now... Anyways... Maybe the Deaver 8 or 10's or the all-pro would be my choices....

My trucks described in my sig.. Anyways Thanks for all input you give me unless it's negative......lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have you checked with Alcan? They make just about everything including 8 and 10 leaf packs for high flex.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
The All Pro thing was for older trucks. They have leaf packs for the 05+ that will give you 2-3 inches. Deaver makes some in a 10 pack, and a 12 pack. 12 pack will get you about 2-2.5 inches, and will help the hauling issue.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you and chose to compromise. I went with the full OME with Dakar Leafs and this is approaching the limit on rear flex:

I'll just have to depend on the E-locker to compensate. I thought about DR and SAW fronts, but went with the OME stuff because of the money. I did the entire lift for less than the Hoes alone, and a couple hundred more than the SAWs. I'm pleased for the moment. With the ARB/winch up front and a half ton load, I hear but don't feel anything but the road craters....even those don't communicate to the steering wheel.

I think the right OME package has it going on for all but the most demanding and finicky people, and/or those who want bragging rights. My truck drives better than stock....so much so it's damned near to the point of a girlie ride.

On second thought, after the install and alignment I tried it out on the poser rockcourse. Excuse that I did it backwards....story of my life. Check out this vid courtesy of OFRD_GRL: RockPile

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I figured I'd get some saws and leafs if I can afford it when I go to ordering all this stuff.. I've not checked prices on the deaver 8, 10, 12 lately.. What you think I would be better off with 8, 10, 12. or the allpro's ?. I'd say i'll be pulling something once a month if that.. more thuogh In the summer.. Thanks..

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had a deaver 10 pack in the back of my truck and it came out about 4 weeks later. A 12 pack might work better but they have almost no hauling load above 500lbs. I switched to the OME daker leafs and I love them, good flex and great hauling. I tow a 500lb quad and a 4500lb travel trailer in the summertime and the sag is minimal now. before I couldn't put the trailer on the back of the truck because it sank to about 1/2 inch away from the bump stops with the deaver pack.

·
Registered
179 Posts
n9emz said:
I went with the full OME with Dakar Leafs

n9emz: Like your set-up....Did you get and DL vibrations with your Dakars??

Thanks!

·
Registered
407 Posts
tacundra said:
n9emz: Like your set-up....Did you get and DL vibrations with your Dakars??

Thanks!
Nope....just the willy lump-lump crap common to the BFG mud-terrains before they warm up; though they're a lot smoother than my Ground Hawgs or my last set of Goodyear M/Ts. I did sling a wheel weight and have to have the R/F rebalanced.

The lift came out perfect, but that's to be expected when Team F.A.T. does the wrenching.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'll tell you what....for what you want this lift might fill the bill and save you some money. If I wasn't doing anything more than light off road/trail stuff I'd have seriously considered it. This is an '07 model:

It's running 285/70/17s

It's a 2.5" but I don't know the particulars other than it has small rear blocks. If interested call MasterWhacker, ToolBox, Bryan or Chubby at 4wp-Parma, 216-267-6668...."Sambo," TTORA, or any club affiliation will get you a whopper discount.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks alright.. I'll have to call them and mention ttora or something and i'll get a discount?

·
Registered
407 Posts
TTORA, any club you're a member of, or mention my name....deep discounts. They did all the parts and installs on my rig and I got everything done for less than the cost of parts and shipping from any other source. I put the pencil to it and I saved over a grand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts