TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you and chose to compromise. I went with the full OME with Dakar Leafs and this is approaching the limit on rear flex:

I'll just have to depend on the E-locker to compensate. I thought about DR and SAW fronts, but went with the OME stuff because of the money. I did the entire lift for less than the Hoes alone, and a couple hundred more than the SAWs. I'm pleased for the moment. With the ARB/winch up front and a half ton load, I hear but don't feel anything but the road craters....even those don't communicate to the steering wheel.

I think the right OME package has it going on for all but the most demanding and finicky people, and/or those who want bragging rights. My truck drives better than stock....so much so it's damned near to the point of a girlie ride.

On second thought, after the install and alignment I tried it out on the poser rockcourse. Excuse that I did it backwards....story of my life. Check out this vid courtesy of OFRD_GRL: RockPile

·
Registered
407 Posts
tacundra said:
n9emz: Like your set-up....Did you get and DL vibrations with your Dakars??

Thanks!
Nope....just the willy lump-lump crap common to the BFG mud-terrains before they warm up; though they're a lot smoother than my Ground Hawgs or my last set of Goodyear M/Ts. I did sling a wheel weight and have to have the R/F rebalanced.

The lift came out perfect, but that's to be expected when Team F.A.T. does the wrenching.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'll tell you what....for what you want this lift might fill the bill and save you some money. If I wasn't doing anything more than light off road/trail stuff I'd have seriously considered it. This is an '07 model:

It's running 285/70/17s

It's a 2.5" but I don't know the particulars other than it has small rear blocks. If interested call MasterWhacker, ToolBox, Bryan or Chubby at 4wp-Parma, 216-267-6668...."*****," TTORA, or any club affiliation will get you a whopper discount.

·
Registered
407 Posts
TTORA, any club you're a member of, or mention my name....deep discounts. They did all the parts and installs on my rig and I got everything done for less than the cost of parts and shipping from any other source. I put the pencil to it and I saved over a grand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.