TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
sweet! can't wait to see it in person... does the panel piece closest to the cam slid out easy enough to stash cargo underneath??? good work..
see you on the trail next week.
-Alex

·
Registered
427 Posts
doesnt look like much head room so i take your just going to throw a sleeping bag on it and cal it a day?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet! can't wait to see it in person... does the panel piece closest to the cam slid out easy enough to stash cargo underneath??? good work..
see you on the trail next week.
-Alex
yea i am going to get some plastic tubs for underneith

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doesnt look like much head room so i take your just going to throw a sleeping bag on it and cal it a day?
actually there is more room then the pic suggest.i am going to get some foam mat then the sleeping bag on top.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This set up is pretty cool. I like it
I know i seen something like this before, but the guy used hinges so he could access all of his stuff toward the front of the bed as well as the plastic tubs in the rear of the bed. If i can remember he had a white taco... just dont have the link.

Does anyone know of the set up im talking about here? Links?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
This set up is pretty cool. I like it
I know i seen something like this before, but the guy used hinges so he could access all of his stuff toward the front of the bed as well as the plastic tubs in the rear of the bed. If i can remember he had a white taco... just dont have the link.

Does anyone know of the set up im talking about here? Links?
www.bajataco.com :)

I'm working on the same ideas...

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
http://www.californiafords.com/album/00002980/joes_bike_026.jpg[/QUOTE]

in the image I singled out, I would suggest some support "legs" in front and aft of the wheel wells. If for nothing else, more support for your top.

With you laying ontop of it, and you decide to roll toward the outter wall during the night, you are going to fall into that gap.

If you just anchor them to the outside of your existing wood frame, they will not add much weight nor make it much more difficult to remove if you so choose.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
He at least has a few inches deeper than my setup..it's like sleeping in a freakin coffin ;).

·
Registered
779 Posts
sure looks like it... wonder if my coffin will be as SHINY as your truck is... :confused" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
286 Posts
He at least has a few inches deeper than my setup..it's like sleeping in a freakin coffin ;).

i see your truck around cal state long beach....im the 4runner always with the top off...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
aaah sick, every time i see you it's too late to wave, haha. You were just building it last year right? I remember seeing it in the parking lot.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i bought the runner in feb 2005 but didn't really do anything to it until late 2005. i just painted it so it's not 4 different colors anymore! i noticed your taco because i had a can-back at the time and you know when you have something you always notice it more around you. anyway, sweet taco and holla when you see a balla!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts