TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally started on her this past weekend. Got the axle under the truck but thats about it. Had a pain in the ass time trying to the the axle centerd up because the frame is still bent a little from my wreck. Hopefully ill have her ready to pull out of the shop this weekend but who knows. ohh and im definatly taking the bodylift off.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Looks great Phil! We need to get out again, its always nice wheeling with you and Annie. Get 'er done, and lets wheeeeelll!!!! To bad ytou won't be ready for the 4Runner Jamboree this weekend.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Very nice Phil. I like the stance from what I can see.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
very nice man looks good. we need to go break it in when it gets done

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
basically got the truck were i can drive it out and around but no where near done. Still gotta do the front brakes, shocks, drive shaft, bumpstops need to make a different steering shaft.. got alot to do! couple pics..

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
very nice sir, looks like it flexes well

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update!.. Shes done and ready to wheel. Really surprised me how smooth it rides on the road,alot smoother than my ifs :eek:Brakes are even stonger. . Only thing is it will need a swaybar since these waggy springs are soooo soft. Climbing ledges are so much better now considering i dont have to almost flip the truck just to get a tire on a rock. all in all im really happy how it turned out and itching to wheel any chance i get. couple of pics .. they kinda suck considering im posing since i didnt have a camera man.

Final stance im pretty happy with. i still dont know what to do with the body as to take it off or leave it. Its only a 2 inch so i dont know. time will tell.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
x2

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
looks good man! what did you do for a driveshaft and what is your height measuring from the floor to the bottom of the frame right at the front bodymount bolt?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill have to get back to ya with the measurement. As for the shaft i just made a square shaft bolted to inchworms flange, real easy and quick. .i used 2.5od 3/16 inch and 2od 1/4 inch which i shloulda got both 1/4 or close to that cause theres a little play(which is no biggie to fix) i got enough metal to make another, if you wanna go that route. Bring the taco over and we'll make ya one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts