TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I got a tacoma 99 4x4 2.7L and I will like to know if I have enought power to put a 6" lift kit fabtech on it with 33 inch tire? Can I put a 6" lift kit on it or you do not recommand me that?

David

·
Registered
268 Posts
Search the forums first and then if you don't find your answer post in the newbie section, especially questions like this. But i'm pretty confident you'll find your answer if you search.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks,
but I read some topics on that and most of the person got tacoma v6. I will explore the forum and find newbie section.

Thanks again
David

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have an 01 4-banger, with 4.10 gears and 33s. It's not exactly the most spirited ride in the world, but yes, it will function. I would have done gears, but the plan all along has been to SAS it and go bigger, and I didn't want to buy/setup two sets of gears. If you plan on staying with that much lift and 33s, plan on going to at least 4.29s in the future.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,365 Posts
dbourre said:
Hi,
I got a tacoma 99 4x4 2.7L and I will like to know if I have enought power to put a 6" lift kit fabtech on it with 33 inch tire? Can I put a 6" lift kit on it or you do not recommand me that?

David
Here is my recommendation:

Tuff Country 5" lift kit
33" tires
4.88 gears

I personally thing that lift kit is the best drop bracket kit on the market today for the 95-04 models. Get that then add those 4.88 R&P gears and your power will be back to stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts