TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, i've noticed this lately. I don't have any cargo in my bed. My shocks/struts seem ok. Are my leaf springs spent or something?
Being winter and all, i'm not crawling under my truck for any amount of time in this cold to see what the problem is. Just looking for some advice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Consider yourself lucky ;) most of us have a driver's side lean. What year's your truck? Your leafs may be shot...heavy passengers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Fixed it when I put on the 2.5" AAL with my Cornfed lift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,478 Posts
Get her on the Atkins diet, QUICK. This is a sign of things to come.
 

·
Not really here...
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
4-Bangerfromtheburg said:
So yeah, i've noticed this lately. I don't have any cargo in my bed. My shocks/struts seem ok. Are my leaf springs spent or something?
Being winter and all, i'm not crawling under my truck for any amount of time in this cold to see what the problem is. Just looking for some advice.
How much is it leaning?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadly, i have no friends, so no co-pilots. However, the lean is noticeable without anyone or anything in the truck. I'd have to say that it leans about an inch or two. Looks gansta. If the leafs are shot, whats the best fix? lift? i have a 97 reg cab
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
4-Bangerfromtheburg said:
Sadly, i have no friends, so no co-pilots. However, the lean is noticeable without anyone or anything in the truck. I'd have to say that it leans about an inch or two. Looks gansta. If the leafs are shot, whats the best fix? lift? i have a 97 reg cab
Those springs are nearly eight years old, they're probably shot. I'd vote for new springs. Keep in mind that only springs from 95.5' to 98ish Tacos (I think :eek: ) will work without modification.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
4-Bangerfromtheburg said:
Sadly, i have no friends, so no co-pilots. However, the lean is noticeable without anyone or anything in the truck. I'd have to say that it leans about an inch or two. Looks gansta. If the leafs are shot, whats the best fix? lift? i have a 97 reg cab
I have the same problem on my truck. You have four options: Get them re-arched, snag some out of a junkyard truck with low miles, get custom leaf springs made, or get a long AAL.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
elgecko said:
Those springs are nearly eight years old, they're probably shot. I'd vote for new springs. Keep in mind that only springs from 95.5' to 98ish Tacos (I think :eek: ) will work without modification.
my oe suspension lasted 21k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
drinkintedbr said:
I have the same problem on my truck. You have four options: Get them re-arched, snag some out of a junkyard truck with low miles, get custom leaf springs made, or get a long AAL.
...or Option 5: get some non-custom aftermarket springs (e.g. Downey, NWOR, etc)
 

·
Not really here...
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
4-Bangerfromtheburg said:
Sadly, i have no friends, so no co-pilots. However, the lean is noticeable without anyone or anything in the truck. I'd have to say that it leans about an inch or two. Looks gansta. If the leafs are shot, whats the best fix? lift? i have a 97 reg cab
You don't necessarily have to lift, if you don't want to or aren't ready to. Like drinkintedbeer said, you could get leaf packs from a junk yard, get your current ones re-arched (not the best solution; from what I understand, they don't hold the re-arch anywhere near as long as the original arch), or get stock replacement leaf packs from Wheelers. Here's the link to the Wheelers ones.
 

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
elgecko said:
Those springs are nearly eight years old, they're probably shot. I'd vote for new springs. Keep in mind that only springs from 95.5' to 98ish Tacos (I think :eek: ) will work without modification.
the pre-1998 leaf springs are specific to the older, first gen tacoma
1998 through 2004 are all the same.
Pre 1998 are the same as the older Toy 4x4 trucks
NWOR is your best option
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top