TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riddle me this: Last night while driving at dusk (head lights on)i noticed that my driver side turn signal was staying on my dashboard. I then turned my lights off and the dash board signal turned off. I then checked the turn signals left and right by turning them on and they worked fine with the lights off. As soon as i turned the lights back on the signal on my dash stayed on as well as the one on the outside. Then i thought i'd check to see what my hazards would do...now this gets bizzar. I hit the hazards and my parking lights, tail lights, liscense plate lights all blinked. Soon there after the hazard froze and all lights were on. I've looked over all the fuses and check for a bad groud. Clean the terminals on my battery and still can't figure it out. I gave the dealership a ring and they said to drop my truck off so they could have a look - being the doosh bags they are. Any one have this problem? What to do?

·
Registered
264 Posts
4-Bangerfromtheburg said:
I do have PIAA fog lamp and i disconnected them completely and the problem still persists.
Well, your signal lighting and headlight wiring are crossed somewhere. Since everything works correctly with your headlights off I would look at the headlight wiring. Look in the area that WAS tapped into with your foglight wiring.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Look for a white box just above the interior fusebox (to the lower left of the column on the dash) the box is an lighting relay of sorts (I think it's called an integration relay) All lights, turn signals etc. go thru it, it's about 3/4" thick and about 3" x 5"..Give it a good thump. Mine did a similar thing sometime ago and a good thump from the index finger restored all functions.Worth a try anyway..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Day two...I have the signal relay and the hazard relay out of the truck and i'm gonna test them....i also sprayed some contact cleaner on'em, so we'll see what happens.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
Mine kinda does that, except it just keeps cliking inside the truck, not lighting outside.
It is really annoying me to no end
I have to click ikt full left or right and then hold it kind of up a little
let me know what you find

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those bastards at U-haul! They are the root of my problems! Here's the deal. After ripping my dash apart. Testing my signal relay and hazard relay. I figured I’d check the connection u-haul made when they installed my wiring harness for my hitch. First, they made a crappy ground to the frame. Secondly, the connectors that were used were corroded beyond belief. So i decided that I’d just get rid of the harness altogether and i removed it completely. Everything runs perfect now. Thanks for consuming my whole xmas weekend with this project u-haul!

·
Registered
257 Posts
4-Bangerfromtheburg said:
Those bastards at U-haul! They are the root of my problems! Here's the deal. After ripping my dash apart. Testing my signal relay and hazard relay. I figured I’d check the connection u-haul made when they installed my wiring harness for my hitch. First, they made a crappy ground to the frame. Secondly, the connectors that were used were corroded beyond belief. So i decided that I’d just get rid of the harness altogether and i removed it completely. Everything runs perfect now. Thanks for consuming my whole xmas weekend with this project u-haul!
yep theres your problem! lol my buddy had that happen to him once kinda, he slighty smashed his connector on his hitch while wheelin and his brakes were tied into his reverse lights, anyway good job! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Yeti
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing