TTORA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this is the 'BOMBPROOF ... and heavy' rear bumper/tire carrier off my Runner#1. Anybody who's wheeled w/me knows it's stout. It hangs a bit low for my non bobbed 4Runners. I was told it's a Jeep bumper ... but I don't know who made it. It's scratched & faded but straight as the day it was made. The pivot bolt stripped so I cross drilled and bolted it and it works fine. Somebody make me an offer. Somebody tell me about it.

[/ATTACH] Grass Bumper Vehicle Lawn aerator Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Rockrawlerzuk the 'or ...' ment negotiable, make me an offer. Help! My wife want's this thing out of the yard.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if your so desperate to please your wife I'll pick t up at SETO for you for free, so then the burden is mine to have it taking up space. :D
OkyDoky ... just bring US a keg (not mini) of Coors (not Light) to SETO w/lot's of ice & a thingy to hold it all ... & it's yours! U gotta get a rig to put it on though too ... ahhh hell, I'll weld it to the Taco!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ed have any pics of how it mounts to the frame?
I'll get a pic up this pm. Basically they cut down a factory bumper bracket and welded some square tube to them. Then welded the tube to the bumper plates. They also welded the brackets to the frame so I had to cut the bumper off ... it's pretty universal w/the solid plates ... w some :welder: it would fit on a bunch of different rigs.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Can you take the swing out off if you wanted to?
Trade for a half inch plate bumper with recessed lights and wrap around?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Sweet.
I really did like your bumper anyway. Im just looking for something not as huge and I could use the 200 dollar hitch I put on it.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah thats too big for me too. The Runners really need a narrow 'single tube' design.

The price on the 'mystery bumper' has just been reduced to $99.99!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ed have any pics of how it mounts to the frame?
Sorry it took so long. It's kinda a 'cobb job' but has held up to a lot. They welded the factory mounts to the frame so I reused 'em for my new bumper.

Vehicle Truck Tree Car Auto part

Hand Wood

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.