TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was freaking awesome!!!!! Josh and i woke up at 3am to head to Daytona for his High Banks 8 driving experience. The track was insanly banked, the cars were sooo freaking fast that I took one look at them going on lap #1 and went to the truck to get my credit card. I had to AT LEAST ride in one. So 150 bucks later I was barreling down the track toward turn 1 in first gear going about 60mph...holy shit is that insane....We were averaging about 170mph on the backstretches. Boy is that wall really close to my side too. My stomake seemed to stay on right side the entire time from the curves. It was insane! Keep in mind, mine was just a ride alone with the professional drivers but it was still really cool. Ohh and Josh got his laps too. He go to drive by himself tho. His average speed was 147 w/ 65 second lap times. I have tons of video of me and Josh. I'm going to get the cam now but if you ever get the opportunity to do that you definatly should!!!!

Video of me being a dork:

Josh gettin all set up to go:

Ok...ignore the nice vid of the railing. The car part is Josh driving:

My ridealong:

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Ya gotta love Daytona! That's awesome! you did a lap (or two) around the track. Josh, good job!, it's alot harder then it looks, right?

Just imagine getting on the binders (real hard) just after the tri-oval to drop it into the infield section. The dents that I put in the tank from my helmet go around the banking was sick (TV doesn't show how bumpy the banking actually is).

Nice to hear that you two had a great time.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Josh got 8 laps and I got 3. Heck yes the track is soo bumpy when ur in the cars. Looks soo different on TV. haha. PS...I'm uploading more vids. they just take forever.

·
Registered
408 Posts
That looks awesome!! I almost did the Richard Petty School @ Bristol, but I didn't for whatever stupid reason. Glad you had a good time, can't wait to see more pics/video.

Jason

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Man what I wouldnt give to do that!!! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.