TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's still early but i just wondering who's all thinking of going???
When do you plan on leaving??
When do you plan on returning?
Where do ya'll plan on staying???
Anyone need people to share a hotel?? Hotels up there are running $54 - $90 a night

If I go the way i will be going will be 1,289 miles & 18 hrs but i will be spitting that up within 2 days if i drive. So I just wondering who's planning or thinking about going??????

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ricks72 said:
I hope to go but it all depends on funds and if I get the buggy done by then

If i go i'm not to sure if i'm going to take my truck or take another vehicle just o go up there and if i do take my truck i'm not sure how much wheeling i plan to do. I'll prob. just right with someone or take pics & video. I'm just wanting to go for the usal TO thing meet people, have fun, get drunk, & WIN a bunch of shit LOL

·
Registered
532 Posts
im most likely going. usual schedule for me, drive all day thursday, wheel friday and saturday, return sunday. the family is coming along with me so i have to get a hotel room.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doing a little research and since i don't think i will take my truck i was looking at other options here some info on flights

All these are flights that leave Thursday & come back Monday but they can be changed I've found tickets for Houston to Farmington, NM for
$400 to $700 roundtrip
Rent Car average $24 to $65 a day with unlimited mileage

Houston to Albuquerque, NM which is a 3 hr drive to Farmington
$245 to$300 roundtrip

Houston to Denver, CO Denver is 6 Hrs drive to Farmington
$160 to $240 roundtrip

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats more than what it will cost in gas to drive up there.

Those prices are round trip and with gas $2.75 right now and going up it's not cheaper by much
Hell my truck get 10 -12 MPG if i'm lucky

Rough est. more me for gas
1226 miles
12 MPG / 1226 Miles
equals about 102 gals of fuel 1-way
102 Gals X $2.75 a gal comes out to $280.50 1-way so
280.50 X 2 = $561 just in fuel to go up there & back in MY TRUCK

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
if I go it will be first class flight all the way. might try to cash in some air miles! Maybe a few of us could fly then carpool from the airport.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if I go it will be first class flight all the way. might try to cash in some air miles! Maybe a few of us could fly then carpool from the airport.
Yea that's why i was posting this up.. it would be cheaper on car rental & hotel if a few of us get together and keep the cost low

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I may or may not have a open seat, but if I could get all the bugs worked out on the buggy this might be a great shake down run All depending on when I finish and how much it costs

I've place myself in the extream class so I'm not sure what kind of trails that will put me into :eek:

Vince we could see how well that purty new tundra could do on a long haul :D ... prob just gonna use the gramps truck on hope for the best

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump!!!

I alsohave another idea I was in pasadena and saw a RV place that rents RV's I hand't got any prices but if a few people don't want to drive there trucks up there we could rent one of those and split gas & cost of the RV since they sleep 5 we don't have to rent a hotel or anything and we would be able to drive it strait to NM switching drivers..

Just another thought
as of right now i'm still leaning towards flying in to alburqure and renting a car but i'm fixing all the little corks on my truck weekly and me taking a week off and driving up there is still a option..

either way i'm still dead set on making it..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Manny, check Southwest Airline specials. They usually have $99 one way flights and fly to Albuquerque. You have to purchase tickets 21 days in advance. Their specials change weekly, so check the website often, or just sign up for their email service to send you specials weekly. Iflyswa.com

Bruce

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Alright People we have 5 members from TX representing lets go, I just registered.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Marco, Rick and I will be trailering our crap hopefully and we will probable leave wendsday night or thursday morning. We have not planned to much right now.

My new job gets me 75% off hotels,plane tickets and car rentals, so more then likely if I can get the disount on the hotel we will be staying in a hotel.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Adam post up which day yall are leaving cause I might just run out to SA and see if I can caravan with yall. But I go kinda slow at like 65mph most of time but if thats too slow its cool

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Adam post up which day yall are leaving cause I might just run out to SA and see if I can caravan with yall. But I go kinda slow at like 65mph most of time but if thats too slow its cool
I'll let you know for sure when we find out.

I think we will have to go kinda slow anyways because we are going to have 3 trucks on one trailer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts