TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naturally! I get my brand new purity fuel cell installed. I get the electrical gremlin exercised. Hell I even got the brakes almost stopping the pig!

So, of Coarse every damn place with a gas pump is charging OVER $4 bucks a gallon for gas! In most local places it up to $4.20 a gallon!:eek: Frikken thieves! :mad::mad:

This is definitely the time running a supercharger sucks due to having to feed the truck premium gas!:banghead: :suicide: :explode:

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Story?:confused:

What's the damn gas prices up there?

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And yes....

this photo looks better than real life

but it does look better than the previous attempt that had the painted grizzly head graphic peeling and flaking as well as the rest of the entire hood.

not visible in this photo are the imperfections from this actually being my first "successful" body paint job. especially looks good for a "rattle can" job. (yes those are reflections of the clouds in the shine)

I did learn one thing from painting the hood- I definately do not want to paint the whole truck myself. when that is absolutely necessary it's going to a pro shop!

·
4,068 Posts
I never thought the day would come...and now that it has my truck doesnt run :(

Seriously, looks great Bear. I couldn't be more happy for you.

And Gas has ben over $4/gallon here for months now. $4.09 right now which isnt bad :confused:

I sure wouldn't want to be using premium though.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but yours is "self induced" and temporary. It obviously wont take as long as mine did to get back on the trails. Which to be honest, mine still has a long way to go to do that. There are still a bunch of things I either want or need to redo to truly get it back to where it was before.

what I can only classify as "amusing" is all the silly or weird things that actually either mysteriously broke or just needed to be fixed. the first example was a rear brake line, that was mysterious cracked while the truck sat in the driveway. I didn't do anything around the line but one day I noticed a puddle and discovered the line broke but it was not corroded, rusted or had any other typical defect you could expect from sitting. The other thing which I am actually mad about is the bulk head fitting for my from ARB that I broke when I replaced the 6" ram with my 8" ram. (no, the ram did not hit it, I BRUSHED it with a wrench. But it made me realize how fragile the connection actually was and has me trying to re-invent the wheel and come up with a "mini guard for it

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I find myself limiting stuff now so the project doesnt creep out of control
I think that becomes the hard part of your particular project. Why do you think I have a supercharger and roll cage?

Those both came about as I was still collecting for my sas...now tell me what does either have to do with suspension? See my point?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
2 Participants
Bear
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing