Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think should play in the the championship game? USC, Oklahoma or Auburn? I think Auburn got screwed this year. They are by far the best team and should be playing USC.

·
Registered
119 Posts
cooper4x4 said:
Who do you think should play in the the championship game? USC, Oklahoma or Auburn? I think Auburn got screwed this year. They are by far the best team and should be playing USC.
Am I allowed to vote? I think I maybe a little biased...haha! :D

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dyingyak said:
Am I allowed to vote? I think I maybe a little biased...haha! :D

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

WAR DAMN EAGLE is right. I would also be a little biased since I was born 15 mins from Auburn, most of my family went to Auburn and my parents are living in Auburn...LOL

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree auburn should be there, i never liked oklahoma and never will....Jason White is highly overated, never should have one the heisman last year and sure wont win it this year...USC is a tough team and Auburn is a tough team i would give the edge to auburn right now, they have played against more top 20 teams..

·
Registered
119 Posts
sharkaholic said:
The two teams that should play are the 2 teams left after an actual playoff series.
I don't think DI-A football will ever see a true playoff system like they have in DI-AA or DII but I think some modified version should be institued. My favorite version would be to the top 8 teams in a poll 'similar' to the BCS and have them play a small playoff system. It would also help to increase some of the bowl ratings if these games all took place on neutral sites since the bowl system as of now is flooded, there are too many poor teams having post seasons in my opinion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cal got screwed big time but i think the best team in the country is defitly auburn. They play the best ball I have seen in a long time. USC is a good team also. They need the top 16 teams in a play off the NCAA is a :soapbox:

·
Registered
26 Posts
As much as it hurts to say it, I think Auburn is the best team in the country. Auburn has one of the best running games, but can still mix it up a little with Cambell.

This year, I think USC and Auburn should be playing in Miami. But, Oklahoma is going to be something to watch with Peterson during the next few years.

·
Registered
119 Posts
das1999 said:
As much as it hurts to say it, I think Auburn is the best team in the country. Auburn has one of the best running games, but can still mix it up a little with Cambell.

This year, I think USC and Auburn should be playing in Miami. But, Oklahoma is going to be something to watch with Peterson during the next few years.
Little love from the northern part of the state! :D Gotta watch out for the Tide soon though, when y'all start keeping healthy players around your seasons should get better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
chasintail said:
Cal got screwed big time but i think the best team in the country is defitly auburn. They play the best ball I have seen in a long time. USC is a good team also. They need the top 16 teams in a play off the NCAA is a :soapbox:
That would be way too many teams and way too many post season games; you'd kill the players trying to fit that many games into the post season before the first week or so of January. Basketball, etc aren’t as physical as football, so you can’t have the same playoff setup. A 16 game play off would mean that they would have to play their 11 or 12 regular season games, maybe a conference championship game, and then if they went all the way to the championship game they would have played anywhere upwards of 15-16 games in a year.

It should be a playoff between the top 4; that way even if you were in the top four and lost you could still have one more game in the bowl system if you wanted it along with your division championship game. Very few teams are outside of the top four are undefeated every season, if any. But you couldn’t have a team from each conference if you only had 4 which probably isn’t fair. But is also unfair to teams like LSU and AU to not have a shot at the national championship because of what most believe the fault of preseason rankings and a really f’ed up bowl system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Auburn has the best team this year. As a Tide fan that hurts (tears). I think hell just froze and my left nut just fell off by me saying that. :eek:
Some say Auburn had a few week opponents, but look at Oklahoma. The Sooners played Bowling Green, Houston, Kansas St., Kansas, Baylor, and Oregon. That’s half their schedule.

As far as a play-off, Div II has 24 teams in its play-offs. There are 4 regions, and the top seed gets a bye. This extends the season 6 weeks. If it works for the lower divisions in the NCAA, then why will it not work in DIV I? Just think of all the revenue 23 more games could make. Also there are 32 bowl games this year. The 11 extra bowls could be for teams over 500 and not in the top 24.

:xdevil: One last thing Fat Phil must go. :xdevil:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it should be OU and Auburn, I haven't been that impressed with USC. They (the BCS) need to implement the plus 1 system to get the system heading in the right direction. Also anyone who doesnt think OU belongs in the championship game is crazy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
buckstoy said:
Also anyone who doesnt think OU belongs in the championship game is crazy.
Well the problem is that there can be clear arguements for each time to be there, as well as which team to leave out. I wish they still counted quality wins and strength of schedule...we would've pasted OU a couple weeks back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well the problem is that there can be clear arguements for each time to be there, as well as which team to leave out. I wish they still counted quality wins and strength of schedule...we would've pasted OU a couple weeks back.
Like you say there are good arguments for all of the teams. Personally I think everyone is pushing for USC because they got ripped off last year. Also from what I've seen based on strength of schedule OU was at the top for all teams in question. Either way we are playing strong ball right now, when it matters most! :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would have to say North Dakota State--they rule

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
11 Participants
scroder
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing