TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need 1 (ONE) factory aisin or whatever it is lockout hub. anybody got one layin around??
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
jhorn_007 said:
i need 1 (ONE) factory aisin or whatever it is lockout hub. anybody got one layin around??
what's it worth to ya? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hytenor said:
what's it worth to ya? ;)

lol i dunno man, the one i need to replace works, but i'd feel more confident in my truck if i replaced it... its got a lil slack in it after i broke an axle...
but what would you like to have for it...
 

·
Deal Master
Joined
·
2,775 Posts
jhorn_007 said:
i need 1 (ONE) factory aisin or whatever it is lockout hub. anybody got one layin around??
I have a spare laying around-
What seems to be the problem with the one you want to replace-
Is is the inner hub?

I also have some spare hub parts- bodies & dialls laying around too
- send me a PM or email
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
jhorn_007 said:
lol i dunno man, the one i need to replace works, but i'd feel more confident in my truck if i replaced it... its got a lil slack in it after i broke an axle...
but what would you like to have for it...
I dunno, $50? near new condition. I picked up 2 spares some time ago but have since discovered that unlike Warns, they rarily break.

Grillmaster seems to have a better solution though; it sounds like he may have the parts you need to rebuild what you have ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grillmasterp said:
I have a spare laying around-
What seems to be the problem with the one you want to replace-
Is is the inner hub?

I also have some spare hub parts- bodies & dialls laying around too
- send me a PM or email

the problem is, when i broke my cv, it broke in the hub ass. where the snapring is on the axle... on the hub there is like an inner gear lookin thing that slides in the hub and it retained by a snapring. when the axle broke it chewed the groove off so the snapring will not go on the hub. i put it all together anyway without the snapring since there isnt really anywhere for that part to go anyway. but there is slack where i can turn the cv shaft ~ 1/4 - 1/2" with it locked in.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
jhorn_007 said:
the problem is, when i broke my cv, it broke in the hub ass. where the snapring is on the axle... on the hub there is like an inner gear lookin thing that slides in the hub and it retained by a snapring. when the axle broke it chewed the groove off so the snapring will not go on the hub. i put it all together anyway without the snapring since there isnt really anywhere for that part to go anyway. but there is slack where i can turn the cv shaft ~ 1/4 - 1/2" with it locked in.
Hmm, I believe that little snap ring is what holds the whole wheel/spindle together, unlike the ADD axles that have that big 35mm nut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hytenor said:
Hmm, I believe that little snap ring is what holds the whole wheel/spindle together, unlike the ADD axles that have that big 35mm nut.

i beleive the one on the outside that goes on the axle itself is the one that holds things together. it didnt look like the one on the lockout assembly did anything other than holding the 2 pieces of the lockout together.. if it holds the hub and all together they should use one a lil bit stronger than that, i could just about take it off with just my fingers... before it got messed up anyway... i dunno... either way i need one and my wheel hasnt fell off yet *knock on wood* and its been like that for a while now... :D
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
jhorn_007 said:
i beleive the one on the outside that goes on the axle itself is the one that holds things together. it didnt look like the one on the lockout assembly did anything other than holding the 2 pieces of the lockout together.. if it holds the hub and all together they should use one a lil bit stronger than that, i could just about take it off with just my fingers... before it got messed up anyway... i dunno... either way i need one and my wheel hasnt fell off yet *knock on wood* and its been like that for a while now... :D
each time I've replaced an axle, once that 'C' clamp is out the axle is free from the spindle. Of course the lower control arm kinda holds it all together ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
hytenor said:
each time I've replaced an axle, once that 'C' clamp is out the axle is free from the spindle. Of course the lower control arm kinda holds it all together ;)

im still sensing you are thinkin of a different snapring than what im attempting to explain... whenever i tear it apart i'll take a pic or somethin to settle this once and for all... lol

actually here is a diagram i just found. on page sa-12 ( page 5) the first drawing where he is turning it. the snapring at his thumb is the one thats screwed.
http://www.yankeetoys.org/Documents/AisinHubs.pdf
im thinkin u are talkin bout this one... http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/content/techarticles/41/4_cvaxles_tmb.jpg
 

·
Deal Master
Joined
·
2,775 Posts
hytenor said:
each time I've replaced an axle, once that 'C' clamp is out the axle is free from the spindle. Of course the lower control arm kinda holds it all together ;)
There are two methods of retaining the axle-
One is with the C-clip on the outer axle shaft

THe other is with a retaining bolt & washer-

I've seen both on the varius year Tacomas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
grillmasterp said:
There are two methods of retaining the axle-
One is with the C-clip on the outer axle shaft

THe other is with a retaining bolt & washer-

I've seen both on the varius year Tacomas
actually mine has both a bolt in the end of the shaft and a c clip on the axle itself.
 

·
Deal Master
Joined
·
2,775 Posts
hytenor said:
I dunno, $50? near new condition. I picked up 2 spares some time ago but have since discovered that unlike Warns, they rarily break.

Grillmaster seems to have a better solution though; it sounds like he may have the parts you need to rebuild what you have ;)

I am in the same boat as you- picked up some spares, especially since my young Bro also has a manual hub taco.

I have 2-3 good complete hubs, 2 extra sets of good outer dials, a couple hub bodies - But no good spare inner hubs alone
..If only Toyota sold just the inner hubs!
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
grillmasterp said:
There are two methods of retaining the axle-
One is with the C-clip on the outer axle shaft

THe other is with a retaining bolt & washer-

I've seen both on the varius year Tacomas
My '00 didn't come with bolts but the ends of the shafts are threaded for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hytenor said:
I dunno, $50? near new condition. I picked up 2 spares some time ago but have since discovered that unlike Warns, they rarily break.

Grillmaster seems to have a better solution though; it sounds like he may have the parts you need to rebuild what you have ;)
hey, i'll give ya 30 bucks plus shipping.... ???
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top