TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a good fabricator that can make some bolt on Sliders for a Lex GX 470. The sliders DWreck was making were perfect but he is no longer doing fab work. I'm not real familiar with the off-road fabricator seen here in Vegas. I know there are a lot of good off-road race teams so I know there are guys that know what they are doing. Id prefer to go bolt on over weld on.

·
2,251 Posts
I am doing Metal fabrication, I haven't done a pair of sliders, but I can give it a shot.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My bolt on sliders required drilling nine holes in each side of frame. Welding WOULD have been easier. Doub't CARMAX would buy my truck now with eighteen holes in the frame. Think it cost me $300 extra for the privledge of bolting on. Just sayin...

·
1,083 Posts
Conversely, mine required no new holes at all and just used existing ones in the frame, seven or eight per side if I remember correctly.

Scot: I don't know anyone with a shop that can bend tube. Nope. Not a one. :rolleyes:

·
2,251 Posts
Most bolt on sliders do use the factory holes on the frame, that is why they are generally vehicle specific.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you had to drill 18 holes in your frame, you got a horribly designed set of sliders. There is no reason you should have had to drill that many holes. I may go the weld on option at some point. Id prefer bolt on for many reasons.

I'll call you JP

·
Registered
558 Posts
looks pretty easy to make. would have to see the vehicle to take measurements though. I cant believe what people are charging for them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine are AllPro - specifically designed for a tacoma.
I thought it must be the worst product out there.

Thought about that, my truck didn't have existing holes to use. I knocked out the plastice clip holding the brake line and the bolt holding the wiring clip and used those to hold the slider up while marking the holes. Is it possible we are talking about different trucks?

Moral of the story, welding will probably save you money and time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
speedway blue
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing