TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a local to GA yard has a good rear axle for a FJ Crusier. Mine is bent and I am needing a new housing mainly. I will take a whole axle. Any good yards or recyclers I could find one at. I dont know of too many down here around Macon. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
car-part.com

where i got mine

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Anyone know of a local to GA yard has a good rear axle for a FJ Crusier. Mine is bent and I am needing a new housing mainly. I will take a whole axle. Any good yards or recyclers I could find one at. I dont know of too many down here around Macon. Thanks.
Just curious, how did you bend it?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
I had a great experience with Peacock Auto in Macon. Dunno what their stock is though.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
not many results on carpart. either cross country or outrageous asking price.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I think I am going to have to get a housing from toyota. $850 shipped. It got bent when my wife hit a small pole. She was turning out and hit it with my slider. It slid down and caught my tire and bent it toe out 2.08 degrees.
need kickout sliders now too.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Have you looked into having the housing straightened?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Might want to think about a Diamond Axle for that kind of money.......just a thaught

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I spent 240 on my whole new rear axle. drum to drum with all the links.

but it does have a poopie 3.73 ratio, but who cares its a core

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I spent 240 on my whole new rear axle. drum to drum with all the links.

but it does have a poopie 3.73 ratio, but who cares its a core
When you coming to get your core chris? I got your bill ready too:D

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
When you coming to get your core chris? I got your bill ready too:D
Should be by Thursday after class, maybe today if I get off early.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought Currie just had the Rock Jock 60 for the FJC? What does the 9" run? I imagine $$$...I might actually look into having it straightened..I dont know where to look first...then I would like to have it beefed up. I am not having problems breaking...I am easy on my truck and will winch before breaking.

Where could I get something straightened? Got any good fabricators that could weld a brace? I know since it has been bent it could use some beef. Does anybody even make a truss for the FJC axle?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts