TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pondering whether to do this install myself or have it done at Ehanced street performance in Sterling MA. They quoted me 500 for the install and then it would be 200/hr for a dyno tune. I definetly will get it dyno tuned I just want to know how hard it is for install of the kit. I talked to Brian at URD and he said removal of the charger and gas tank is half of the process. The rest is soldering the wires. How difficult is it to solder these wires for somone that has had veyr little experience? Also what about the removal of the tank? I heard it is easier to remove it on the Tundra than on the Tacoma. TIA.

Ben

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
TundraV6 said:
Im pondering whether to do this install myself or have it done at Ehanced street performance in Sterling MA. They quoted me 500 for the install and then it would be 200/hr for a dyno tune. I definetly will get it dyno tuned I just want to know how hard it is for install of the kit. I talked to Brian at URD and he said removal of the charger and gas tank is half of the process. The rest is soldering the wires. How difficult is it to solder these wires for somone that has had veyr little experience? Also what about the removal of the tank? I heard it is easier to remove it on the Tundra than on the Tacoma. TIA.

Ben
The actual process is not that hard at all. It does take time and you have to watch what you are doing. What I did is asked for the installation instructions and realized it is pretty straight forward. If you have any question just come back here and someone will help you out, or call Brian and he can help you out too. In my opinion dropping the gas tank was definetly the hardest part of it all. As for wiring and soldering, it wasn't that hard. If you can install a sterio in a vehicle or know someone who can, it is just as easy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i would recommend doing it yourself, the instructions are easy to follow. i have an ex cab so i lifted the bed instead of dropping the tank which was very easy, just 6 bolts. take your time and do it right, well be here for any questions.....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok awesome thanks guys!

·
Registered
878 Posts
TundraV6 said:

Ben
the sensor wires you are soldering are very sensitive to ohm change...if you are not good a soldering or wiring I would not suggest doing it your self...you are cutting wires to the ECU , wires in the fuel tank and wires on the fuel rail, there is a good amount of room for error...

be prepared to diagnose and tune after you get the kit installed...it will take four days or so.... plan around not having a drivable truck for that time!

you may want to have a maintenance manual or all data available for wiring specs for your specific year if you run into a hang up in the instructions!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Ill have all soldering done by a guy I know who is an electrician.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts