TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Taco Ext. Cab V-6 TRD Manual. Right now i have the OME 881 coils up front. My question is, if the OME coil gives 1.75" lift, can i add a 1.5" spacer on top of that, to make 3.25" of lift in the front with a diff drop? I have the ADD, will this much lift in the front be too much, i heard you can only have 2" lift with the ADD but revtek and others have a 3" lift for these same tacomas. What kind of problems will i run into if i do this?

·
Registered
587 Posts
You can do it but you will go through CVs like crazy and your ride will go to shit since you won't have ANY downtravel. Don't do it, If you want more lift go with a 2" body lift, but not more than that.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
5vzfe said:
You can do it but you will go through CVs like crazy and your ride will go to shit since you won't have ANY downtravel. Don't do it, If you want more lift go with a 2" body lift, but not more than that.
I thought about doing the same thing, besides with coilovers, I didn't want to have them kranked to 3" so I thought about buying a 1 in spacer and just having them sat at 2" and the spacer would contribute for the other 1". I was told not to do it. Just like in your case it'll stiffen the hell out of your front and, and when you off road, you'll get zero flex. As he said, your CV's will wear out faster than you can replace them.. Go for some coilovers or a 3" lift with AAL's in the rear or something? I'm not a big fan of the BL. but if $'s and issue you can take that route. But no more then 2". hope that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts