TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. I had a few questions. I've been checking around at different posts and the consensus on arb lockers seems to be very foggy. I really like the fact that it can be turned off while driving on the road. I don't want the pain of an automatic locker that will change my handling. But, apparently all the kinks have not been worked out for the arb. Does it really leak during the winter. That is a problem i don't want. Also, i'm really considering a lift but have read threads about excessive cv boot wear, having to regear, etc. But I see so many older tacomas that seem to be running fine with the lift. thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

04 Toyota Tacoma sr5, 4x4, 4 cyl., ext. cab, bone stock for now.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
If I were you I'd TRY hard to find a taco rear axle with the locker and everything.I tried for my 01 but no luck.. I love my new truck's locker ;), sure beats the motto (hitt it fast and might make it through it) . Maybe you can get one for 800+ bucks.. It's electronic and you don't have to worry about the winter leakage and don't have to have a tank. I'd rather have the simplist locker (besides a lunch box locker).. And lift try to get some coilovers in the front and a full leaf pack in the rear. I'm still looking for some leafs in the back, though I'll prolly get some dakars..

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
There's pro's and con's to all types. If you learn to drive what you have and know your limits you can't go wrong to often. Getting all the other fancy stuff just means when you get stuck you stuck worse!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Gsmsnuffy seems to have the best advice here! Hit some milder trails for a while with people who know what they're doing. You will learn a hell of a lot more than you can by "web wheeling". Then you can reconsider your questions, address the problems you really do have from experience of your real world situation, know what you are trading for what, and realize what works best for one person does not work best for everyone. (Plus you will be a better driver from it).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts