TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there that can assist my good buddy Patrick Bond with a spacer lift on his prerunner? I guess it's not a big job but the trick is compressing the shock springs. Anyone that can assist would be gifted by the beer and pizza gods.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
676 Posts
hey tbob! so seeing that you're going to get some beer and pizza, will you be taking that to az rocks???? i got dibs on the pizza. :D

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
WARTOY said:
hey tbob! so seeing that you're going to get some beer and pizza, will you be taking that to az rocks???? i got dibs on the pizza. :D
I'm just tring to figure out how you can rent something for free??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
TimF said:
you put a deposit down then they refund it to you when you return it.
I'm familiar with the concept there TimPH...........but technically it would be considered "borrowing" the tools not "renting" tools..........that's kind of an oxymoron, not unlike Jumbo Shrimp, Sober Graduation and Military Intelligence.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
FAUX X 4 said:
I'm familiar with the concept there TimPH...........but technically it would be considered "borrowing" the tools not "renting" tools..........that's kind of an oxymoron, not unlike Jumbo Shrimp, Sober Graduation and Military Intelligence.
I PHigured you were but I posted so "Smart Tbob" could understand how it works.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
TimF said:
I PHigured you were but I posted so "Smart Tbob" could understand how it works.
I was just being a smart-ass as usual PHuker..........now go bake me a pie Beyotch!!! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Autozone does rent them......$48.00 if I remeber correctly, but if he is in the chandler area I have a strut compressor (and assistance)he could borrow, no worries.
josh

·
Registered
219 Posts
i am not sure how big the springs are, but there is a little tool shop (like harbor freight) on 103rd ave and olive that has a spring compressor thingy for about $15 - $20 from what I remember. :2cents:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FJ40LVR said:
Autozone does rent them......$48.00 if I remeber correctly, but if he is in the chandler area I have a strut compressor (and assistance)he could borrow, no worries.
josh
That would be sweet! It would be worth a trip to Chandler for a little assistance, for sure! When are you available? It shouldn't take more than a few hours right?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Springs

Just make sure you get a heavy duty one wherever you go. Those springs are not easy to compress. Can he still drive the truck, or has the springs already been removed? If he can bring it to glendale, I will help him this weekend, if he can't move it then where is it located? I've got other trucks to work on, but am always looking for a reason to push them off!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: If I was drinking pepsi my nose would have been burning!!!!
..... and the PH :rofl: :rofl:

FAUX X 4 said:
I'm familiar with the concept there TimPH...........

·
Registered
77 Posts
No the truck is still driveable. The whole lift kit is still in the box it was shipped in. It's the complete Toy-Tec 3in kit with shackles and Pro-Comp shocks for the rear and 3in spacers for the front.

I live out in Buckeye, but I'm willing to drive anywhere in the valley to get someone who has the tools/knowledge to help me install it. This Friday night or Saturday works out perfect for me. Sunday I can't do it, my wife and I have an appointment with the tax guy.

On another note, Kim and I are expecting a new baby girl (our first child) due in the next couple weeks, so the sooner I get this kit installed, the more I'll have time to play until the baby gets here.

Thanks in advanced for everyones help, I appreciate it!

-Patrick

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yo

Alrighty then.
Call me to set up a time on Friday / Saturday. I am in Glendale but have all the tools less the spring compressor. Pepperoni and ham are good, and I'm not picky about the beer either. 520.808.1101 - Cell. ~Ray.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks again! What time works better for you? Friday night or Saturday?

If we do it Friday night say 6 PM ish, Dave Boston will be able to join us, otherwise it may just be the 2 of us on Saturday...

I will go ahead and try to rent the spring comperssor from Auto Zone as well.

Thanks again, beer and pizza is the least I can do for your help.

-Patrick

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks again Ray, I'll see you tomorrow night.

BTW, T-Bob is right about Auto Zone letting you borrow the spring compressor for free. They said that all I have to do is leave a $50 deposit which I get back when I bring the compressor back in. They said that I could keep it for as long as I needed to...

I'm stoked to finally get this kit installed!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts