TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the clips that attach to the back of the brake pad and snap into the caliper. I cant seem to find them anywhere for purchase, and they dont come with new pads.

Thanks,
Ronn

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
My new pads had the anti-rattle clips when I put them on a year ago. Somebody must sell them if they aren't coming with the pads anymore.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the 6 years I have been buying brake pads for Dana 44 axles, I never seen any come with the clips. Autozone, Checker, Pepboys. :( Im getting a squeel in one of my brakes since I dont have the anti rattle clips.

Im hoping somebody has an extra set.

Yogi

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Huh. Maybe try a different application; Ford/Chevy/Jeep/Dodge whatever you aren't currently running. I don't remember which I got, but even though they were pretty much all interchangable, they were priced different so maybe some have clips while others don't. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks... I finally found some on Autozones website. .99 each. Although the shipping was $5 lol

I have this squeel / vibrating noise coming from one of my brakes. The pads are pretty new, so its not the squealer, nor its it just a sound of the brakes on the rotor. Its very odd... so I figured i would put those clips on first and see it if goes away. The only other think I think it could be is the bearings, but they are tight and there is no looseness in that area. Very odd.

Yogi

Huh. Maybe try a different application; Ford/Chevy/Jeep/Dodge whatever you aren't currently running. I don't remember which I got, but even though they were pretty much all interchangable, they were priced different so maybe some have clips while others don't. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Sweet. To avoid the shipping, you could order it for store pick up and then go get them up when they come in. I did that when I got my TRE's and Ball Joints. Glad you found them.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well... I looked at it this way... I only get 12 miles per gallon for gas mileage. And its about 12 miles round trip to the Autozone and back to my hosue. So that gallon of gas would have costed me $3 at the current rate. So IM paying $2 for them to deliver it to me! hehe

Yogi

Sweet. To avoid the shipping, you could order it for store pick up and then go get them up when they come in. I did that when I got my TRE's and Ball Joints. Glad you found them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts