TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have an engine hoist that they are not using? willing to let me borrow it for a few months? ( take the engine out one time I am home from the boat, and put engine back in next time I am home from the boat)or borrow it twice if that is easier.
I might could rent one for the day then again when I am ready to install the motor.
I saw a new one at northern tool for $99 so I might just get it and then I always have one, just figured I would ask first.

I have the stand for when the engine is allready out, just need to lift it out of the 4runner.

or I might just build up a quick a frame

·
Registered
103 Posts
You don't need no stinkin engine hoist. Just do it redneck style. Find yourself a tree get a chain and a set of come a longs, BAM, there you go!!!!

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have you seen my place shane, I have no freakn trees stout enough to lift a rope swing much less an engine.

I just need to replace rings I think, can that be done by going through the bottom easily?
drop oil pan, pull crank, and drop pistons out bottom?

Shane, have you determined what is wrong with your motor? is is rebuildable or fubar'd

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Captain J said:
have you seen my place shane, I have no freakn trees stout enough to lift a rope swing much less an engine.

I just need to replace rings I think, can that be done by going through the bottom easily?
drop oil pan, pull crank, and drop pistons out bottom?

Shane, have you determined what is wrong with your motor? is is rebuildable or fubar'd
save yourself a lot of busted knuckles and swearing. Just pull the motor out and put it on a secure stand. I've tried the leave it in method and only ended up pulling it out later

·
Registered
103 Posts
i'd rather just replace it with a reman. long block or a good used one, than just keep throwing parts at it. i've already replaced all the rod and main bearings and now it looks like i'll need to replace the rods and machine the crank.

·
Registered
782 Posts
bump....

I am in need of a engine hoist I can borrow...... both of mines are currently in use.... I got one holding my 22re and I need one to take out the one in the truck...... if u can lend me one let me know......

WAT in coming soon..... I am gonna need help cutting up my truck up...... making a new thread for it....

·
Registered
787 Posts
Couldn't you just borrow one from autozone or a similar store? I use there loner tools all the time. Yeah they are beat up, but free is free (actually have to leave a deposit). Why buy a tool that you might only use once or twice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts