TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I need some info if possible, I've searched google but it seems that unless I know the part number I need, all the sites take me to the "exhaust system" and I'm only looking for the muffler...

I was thinking that Magnaflow and Flowmaster both make a 50 delta series?

I have an 01' V6 Tacoma Pre-runner Extracab and I just want one to replace the stock muffler and keep all the factory pipe. Can anyone provide me with the part numbers for either brand muffler? I need it to give to Santa so he can bring the right one from the North Pole when he comes!!! LOL!!!

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You should be able to go to any local exhaust shop that sells FlowMaster or Magnaflow and they can get you the part number. Chris's in Weatherford, Texas Auto Werks in Fort Worth, and Texas Performance Exhaust in Irving all stock both those mufflers.
Tim

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tim,

I'm needing it to give to someone out of state and trying to keep from having to make a run to the parts store. Thanks for the info though.

Jason

·
Reppin the Flips on TTORA
796 Posts
What does the resonator do? Does it optimize or buffer the sound?

·
Registered
145 Posts
The resonator is supposed to make it sound better. I did how have the muffler without it, so I can't make an honest comparison

·
Registered
4 Posts
Commutacoma said:
The resonator is supposed to make it sound better. I did how have the muffler without it, so I can't make an honest comparison
Is the Aero very much louder than stock inside the cab?

·
Registered
476 Posts
TRDOLMAN said:
That's the one I have and I recommend it highly.
18" case (24" total). Not too loud and I love it. Magnaflow's kick butt. Highly recommend it. The 18" is good if you want to go on the louder side w/out it being obnoxious.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Forget Flowmaster unless you care only about sound and not performance. Borla all the way or even Magnaflow. :xrocker:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I completely agree. If you don't care about money then Borla, cheap alternative is the Magnaflow. I am happy with my Magnaflow, I only replaced the muffler-no cat back BS. I have a 04 Xtra cab

·
Registered
409 Posts
Poopshute said:
18" case (24" total). Not too loud and I love it. Magnaflow's kick butt. Highly recommend it. The 18" is good if you want to go on the louder side w/out it being obnoxious.
How's it going? So is your 18" just alittle bit louder than stock? I have been looking into the 14" with a turndown, do you have a sound byte of your truck?

·
Registered
133 Posts
TRDOLMAN said:
My 24 is louder than stock. The 18 is a lot louder than stock. The 14 is too loud. My opinion of course-----

have you heard the exhaust on the x-runner??? how does the 18 compare to the exhaust on the x-runner???

·
Registered
606 Posts
I like the Flowmaster. It has a simple design that makes it nearly indestructible. It is a fully welded chamber design. There is no packing to worry about if you get it wet. There is nothing to shake loose if you bash it on a rock. It has a wide flat profile making it easier to tuck away. It also has no lips to snag if you drag it across a rock. The chamber walls give the muffler body structural support so you don't have to worry about caving it in. In short the Flowmaser a very trail worthy muffler.

These are not qualities that the Magna Flow does not possess. It is a baffle in pacing design. If you dunk it the packing will retain the water and rot the muffler from the inside out. You also have to worry about the packing deteriorating and blowing out the tail pipe. The edges have lips that can snag on rocks. It has an oval body giving it a taller profile (5x8 vs 4x9.75 on the Flowmaster). Though it is polished making it the prettier muffler.

I guess I was looking at the survivability factor and not the bling factor. Polished tips and fancy noise making didn't interest me.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
tcmaboy said:
It has an oval body giving it a taller profile (5x8 vs 4x9.75 on the Flowmaster).
The 14" magnaflow is available in a 4x9" design as well, not sure about the other lengths though.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
tcmaboy said:
I like the Flowmaster. It has a simple design that makes it nearly indestructible. It is a fully welded chamber design. There is no packing to worry about if you get it wet. There is nothing to shake loose if you bash it on a rock. It has a wide flat profile making it easier to tuck away. It also has no lips to snag if you drag it across a rock. The chamber walls give the muffler body structural support so you don't have to worry about caving it in. In short the Flowmaser a very trail worthy muffler.

These are not qualities that the Magna Flow does not possess. It is a baffle in pacing design. If you dunk it the packing will retain the water and rot the muffler from the inside out. You also have to worry about the packing deteriorating and blowing out the tail pipe. The edges have lips that can snag on rocks. It has an oval body giving it a taller profile (5x8 vs 4x9.75 on the Flowmaster). Though it is polished making it the prettier muffler.

I guess I was looking at the survivability factor and not the bling factor. Polished tips and fancy noise making didn't interest me.
FM dont last long at all. They rust to hell. They sound good but they arerestrictive. Isn't the packing material asbestos or something? How does asbestos roit? Your exahust temp is about 1200 to 1400 degrees and beside you will always have some condensate in your mufflers and there is no way to eliminate that.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Super Doody said:
FM dont last long at all. They rust to hell. They sound good but they arerestrictive. Isn't the packing material asbestos or something? How does asbestos roit? Your exahust temp is about 1200 to 1400 degrees and beside you will always have some condensate in your mufflers and there is no way to eliminate that.
There is no packing in a Flowmaster. It is a resonance chamber design. Not to be confused with the glass pack style design that the Magnaflow uses. They are not restrictive at all. Mine has lasted 6 years now and doesn't show any signs of rust. The last 4 of those 6 years it has been fully exposed to the weather. The truck sits outside with no bed on it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts