TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
18,290 Posts
I'm not a ASE mechanic or anything, but I do Toyota clutch jobs at my home in Simi Valley. Supply your own parts or I can supply parts at cost. My typical labor charge is $200. Work is done in one day on the weekend. PM me if you are interested. There are many satisfied TTORA members that can vouch for the quality of my work.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm not a ASE mechanic or anything, but I do Toyota clutch jobs at my home in Simi Valley. Supply your own parts or I can supply parts at cost. My typical labor charge is $200. Work is done in one day on the weekend. PM me if you are interested. There are many satisfied TTORA members that can vouch for the quality of my work.
Do you do water pumps?

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Do you do water pumps?
You can do that yourself! Seriously. It'll take most of the day but you'll learn some stuff about your truck. There are a lot of write ups and some creative ways to get around things. I did mine earlier this year and I'm sure others in SoCal have done it, too. While you're in there, you might want to consider replacing the timing/aux belts as well as any pulleys that are making funny noises. You should seriously consider doing this yourself!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I can't....I live in a condo. I got written up (warning) for changing the oil on my truck. Then 6 months later I got fined 75 bucks for changing the brakes on my truck.

:-(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in the same boat. I made a compromise when I purchased my condo w/o a garage, and I don't think I'll be making the same mistake again.

Where's our Bike Kitchen/Bikerowave for auto work? Do-it-yourself garage space for rent, hourly, with tools and even expertise on hand? I think that could be a reality in a place like LA if you could get insurance to cover you and somehow not be liable for everyone's actions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts