What should I get?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Many of you know me

Anyways, back in November I sold it :( ... O make a long story short, I am in the market again for a new truck :)

Going to make a poll :)

1999+ 4Runner Limited
2002+ Tacoma Double Cab
2002+ Tacoma Xcab

Anyways, let me know what you all think. I am going to build up another SAS again this time with Coilovers.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I've got a 4Runner, but if I had to do it over again, I'd get the Double Cab Taco-I just like having a truck bed sometimes. You could always put a shell on it and then have the best of both. The DB Taco will cost more to buy though, at least around here in Alabama.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I love my 02 dubcab...you can SAS it for me if you want to see how it will turn out first!! ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'd avoid the double cab, since I like manual transmissions. I also think the x-cab is the best compromise between cargo and passenger space, although anyone who sits in the rear jump seat for more than 10 minutes bitches like crazy. That's when I turn up the stereo!

Btw, that is a badass 4runner you used to have!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I cant be happier with my double cab, i just traded in my 03 excab on an 04 double cab with every option...couldnt be happier with the ride and the space....my 2 cents

·
Re-Member 9/11
292 Posts
Got to go with the D-cab. It's nice having a place for the broken down Jeep drivers to sit when your taking them off the trail. Oh yeah and a bed to throw their gear in!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
2004 TRD D-cab. OME 882 coils w/N91 shocks up front. N85 shocks with OME springs rear. RB 2" body lift. Revtek diff drop. Toytec sliders. 33 12.50 15 Procomp mudders on 15 x 8 procomp rock crawler black steel wheels pt# 87-5883. Sony deck and amp, 10" sub in custom box behind and between front seats

Hey, how do you like the OME set-up with the 2" BL...that is exactly what I am thinking of replacing my 3" spacers with...any rubbing with the 33s? any info would be great....oh yeah, and sorry to hi-jack the thread!!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Love my 04 DC...................Perferct all around!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alot of good input, But I think I will go with the Limited Runner

I am going to do coil-overs on it this time I think :)

If I end up with a Tacoma, it will be because they didnt sell me my runner for a good deal hehe....

Anyways, I am hoping to have whatever I buy lifted by winter so I can go back out with you all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get the Runner. The wheel base on the 4runner is a little shorter than an extra or double cab, and I find the ride more comfortable (which will probably change as soon as you SAS). Then again, with a SAS, either one would kick a**. Good Luck :cool:!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hehe Thanks!

I know the runner is going to be amazing. I am tring to find a 1999 - 2000 Limited with SuperCharger (so i dont have to buy one)

I am not going to wheel it till I get the SAS installed :)

(or at least that is my goal)

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
what did you pay for the 99 4-runner
I am in the market for one

·
Registered
104 Posts
Get the extra cab. Just my .02, but if you want to haul people, get the runner, not a dub cab...A truck should be a truck, not a car with a bed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Go with the extended cab. Atleast then the bed is long enough to sleep in if you ever do any camping... How often do you put people in the back seat anyway? (coming from a regcab owner... :D )

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
98 Taco,

I cant belive you never recived that 50 bucks I owe ya still :(... PM me your address and phone number and I will Western Union you the 50.00..

To the rest of you, it seems the double cab is winning so far. Alls I can remmeber driving down the Rubicon with my runner I was like this truck is way to nice to come here hehe....

We will see :) I have 1 month to buy something, Just waiting for the right one to come by :)

Also, the people who got my old 4Runner crashed it already :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
If it were me I would probably get another 4 runner. My fiance and I bought a 00 4 runner sport (basically a limited, but without woodgrain and cloth instead of leather) 2 years ago and the thing is really sweet. I've actually wheeled the 4 runner more than my fj40. But with a factory rear locker, and those incredible seats you really can't go wrong. Especially since I'm now seeing the 99-01ish 4 runners with 50-60k going for around 15 grand. I think when she finally decides she wants a new one I'm going to build ours for a trail rig. Some sliders, beefy bumpers,a front locker, some lift and 33's and i'll have a rig I can drive to the rubicon with (from NH) and turn around and drive home.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts