TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have narrowed it down to 4 tires.

General Grabber Red Letter, Cooper Discoverer Radial STT TEK3, BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM2, Wrangler MT/R with KEVLAR Tires

I need help deciding on which one to get.

I presently have the Goodyear Wrangler MT, I love them and they have lasted me 6 years but my only issue with them is they chunk out easy.
What I am hoping is that anyone who knows about these 4 tires and/or has used them could tell me what they think.

Please let me know if you thought they were too loud, hard or soft rubber, how long they lasted you or are expected to last and anything else you can tell me about these 4 tires.

Thanks in advance for the information.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
A few of my friends have had the KM2's. They both got rid of them cause they were chunking easily and wearing quickly.
One of those friends went to TSL's. The other went to Kevlar MTR's.

I've ran the MTR's for the past 2 years. I'm at about 30-40% tread remaining with 45K miles on them. I am pretty good with my rotations. I try and rotate every 5K max.
I've wheeled on everything from Moab slickrock, to AZ sharp shale, to Rubicon granite and these MTR's take everything and make it their bitch.

I highly recommend them for their rigidity, traction, and tread life.

You can see all my thoughts about the MTR's in the following thread starting at post 180.
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123565

·
Registered
96 Posts
x2 on the MTR Kevlar's. They really are a great tire for our terrain. They grip well on the rocks and they're tough as hell! I have about a year on my 35" MTR's and have no complaints so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts