TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm gonna get the OME 881 springs for my 02 2.7L Tacoma 4x. from the members here they tell me 881's will settle down at about 2". i want to add 2" to the rear but i would like a add-a-leaf for the extra load capacity. can anyone suggest brand and/or what solution would work best?

thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
cvajs said:
i'm gonna get the OME 881 springs for my 02 2.7L Tacoma 4x. from the members here they tell me 881's will settle down at about 2". i want to add 2" to the rear but i would like a add-a-leaf for the extra load capacity. can anyone suggest brand and/or what solution would work best?

thanks
Downey's long AAL kit, around $65. gives about 2-2.5"

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
AAL or you can rebuild your leaf packs with a second set of stock leaf packs for a great ride, without killing your back account.... Check my site for the leaf pack rebuild write up.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm with atwinda. No offense to the aal world, but the ride is not that good. I have ridden a lot of big trucks with doubled up packs to deal with extra weight and height issues, and they were good riding trucks. If you have ever ridden in a back to back comparison in a small truck, you will know the difference. One is a lot harsher ride. I'll let you guess...

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
atwinda said:
AAL or you can rebuild your leaf packs with a second set of stock leaf packs for a great ride, without killing your back account.... Check my site for the leaf pack rebuild write up.
you have become the father of the "new and improved" AAL, LOL

when do your kits come out? ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts