TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my dash off, and now its back together, (I had all the plugs undone behind the speedo/tach) and now the tripometer doesnt have any memory. It works fine but as soon as I turn the ignition off and turn it back on, both Trip "A" and Trip "B" both read zero. I taken back apart and tried to fix it but nothing worked, no fuses are blown, the plugs are all snugged back in, the screws behind the dash module are all tight. Any ideas on how to get this fixed?? its just annoying especially trying to calculate fuel usage and such.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
bump

TuRD03 said:
I had my dash off, and now its back together, (I had all the plugs undone behind the speedo/tach) and now the tripometer doesnt have any memory. It works fine but as soon as I turn the ignition off and turn it back on, both Trip "A" and Trip "B" both read zero. I taken back apart and tried to fix it but nothing worked, no fuses are blown, the plugs are all snugged back in, the screws behind the dash module are all tight. Any ideas on how to get this fixed?? its just annoying especially trying to calculate fuel usage and such.
Thanks
no clue, here's a bump!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I took mine out yesterday to replace a module from my original cluster to get the ABS and 4x4 idiot lights to work. My trip meter zeroed out both times too. Once I started driving around the trip meter racked up the miles again.

RLTW,
Mike

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah mine will rack miles while I drive but as soon as I turn the ignition off it goes back to zero. ???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like it is not getting full time power. Check that your plugs are fully seated and clean. If they are then the power up the circuit may have been disconnected. There's a digital tacoma shop manual floating around and you can pinpoint which wire supplies full time power to the cluster. The trip meter needs power to keep data in memory. The odometer (total miles) is set up different and doesn't lose data if the power interrupted. If for any reason I have to take the dash apart again, I'll use a multimeter to identify which circuit it is.
Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Grendle31
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing