TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
By reading all these peoples questions on the 2.7l exhaust etc. lately I decided to get one myself. I'm going to get a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler and on http://store.summitracing.com/ i found a list of sizes etc. but am baffled by which one would suit me best. I realize that a smaller will be more "riceish" and a long one more mellow but i just want a happy median and something that won't drone me out or buzz. So far all i know is i need 2.25 in and outlets but length and width are confusing me. Thanks for helping me out guys i totally appreciate it.

through browsing the site the only one i found that is shaped similar to the stock one and 2.25 in and out is part number WLK-17741 . would that one work? or is it better to go more with one like the WLK-17731?

·
Registered
279 Posts
That muffler is 14" long. I don't think it will be too ricey at all. Even though it's a turbo muffler it is baffled inside, it is not a straight through. Even if you don't like it the thing only costs $36. Not much of a loss.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet i think i'll go ahead and order the round one WLK-17741 since it looks more similar to stock, i'll let you know travis for sure.

·
Registered
279 Posts
KStacoma said:
Sweet i think i'll go ahead and order the round one WLK-17741 since it looks more similar to stock, i'll let you know travis for sure.
That one looks about right. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
akshunj said:
That muffler is 14" long. I don't think it will be too ricey at all. Even though it's a turbo muffler it is baffled inside, it is not a straight through. Even if you don't like it the thing only costs $36. Not much of a loss.
there must be two different kinds of metal used. aluminized and stainless because i have the dynomax super turbo and it cost me approx. $90
if you go to a muffler shop they will help you pick the right model. i don't know which part # i have on mine but it's 2.25 inlet/outlet and is offset. unless you have the piping and can weld you need to go to a shop because the stock muffler is longer and they will need to fab up some pipe and rear hangers. the shop i went to got the muffler from napa. i really like this muffler. the most bang for buck of any mod i've put on my truck. it's been all good. better HP, better MPG, better sound.
BTW, i'd go with the stainless steel one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
lavaboy2 said:
there must be two different kinds of metal used. aluminized and stainless because i have the dynomax super turbo and it cost me approx. $90
if you go to a muffler shop they will help you pick the right model. i don't know which part # i have on mine but it's 2.25 inlet/outlet and is offset. unless you have the piping and can weld you need to go to a shop because the stock muffler is longer and they will need to fab up some pipe and rear hangers. the shop i went to got the muffler from napa. i really like this muffler. the most bang for buck of any mod i've put on my truck. it's been all good. better HP, better MPG, better sound.
BTW, i'd go with the stainless steel one.
Any chance you could get us the part # and also, maybe a sound clip?

·
Registered
73 Posts
dynomax super turbo part#exh17731

akshunj said:
Any chance you could get us the part # and also, maybe a sound clip?
i actually went down to napa and had them search my sale up on the computer. the part # is (exh 17731) dynomax super turbo. its oval, offset with 2.25" inlet outlets and cost me $88. as far as the sound bite all i can offer is call me on my cell phone and i'll set it near the exhaust outlet and rev 'er up a couple of times. lol

·
Registered
279 Posts
lavaboy2 said:
i actually went down to napa and had them search my sale up on the computer. the part # is (exh 17731) dynomax super turbo. its oval, offset with 2.25" inlet outlets and cost me $88. as far as the sound bite all i can offer is call me on my cell phone and i'll set it near the exhaust outlet and rev 'er up a couple of times. lol
Haha, that's cool no need. I wish there was an easy way to get sound clips on the computer. I can do it with my camera but it's only 8 bit mono audio.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lavaboy, thank you immensly for all your help, totally badass of you. I got the 17741, i had already ordered before i saw the post, but i looked at the 17731 that you said you have and basically the one i got and the one you have are the exact same except yours is oval shaped and mine is round, they are both the same length etc. It comes on tues. so i'll get er welded up and post my results!

·
Registered
73 Posts
KStacoma said:
Lavaboy, thank you immensly for all your help, totally badass of you. I got the 17741, i had already ordered before i saw the post, but i looked at the 17731 that you said you have and basically the one i got and the one you have are the exact same except yours is oval shaped and mine is round, they are both the same length etc. It comes on tues. so i'll get er welded up and post my results!
yer welcome dude! can't wait to hear your opinion. happy new year to all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts