TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at work, I was told by many people that I did not need the BPV ext. from Toytec with my lift, that I could make something to extend it... I have just finished the lift and I can't pull the jack stands out from underneath the axle because the lift rack it is on will over extend the brake line... so it is stuck on the lift. I have looked at the brackets up at the top where the hard brake line meets the rubber line and can't figure out how to lower it a couple inches... the truck is taking up the lift and my boss (service manager of the dealership) is getting pissed because it should have been done by now... can anyone quickly shoot me a idea of what to do since time if of the essence here... THANKS!!!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The problem your explaining isnt the BPV, you dont have enough slack in the brake lines. If I remember correctly theres a mount on the flexible line that that can unbolted and that will give some slack, also when you set the truck on the ground the suspension should compress and give more slack.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nevermind... I just bent the top bracket down a inch and the bottom bracket on the axle up an inch with a huge pry bar... problem solved... thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
you should have gotten longer brake lines
yes he should have, but it sounds like his solution is the same one we used on both of our trucks when we first lifted them. it will work in a pinch, but I would also agree that longer brake lines are in order.

Hell my brake lines will still be "coiled" at full droop, since I custom made my lines…too long!:D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts