TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at tire reviews for weeks trying to find a good 265-75r16 mud terrain to run on my 01 taco. Ive brought it down to a few options which are the Kenda Klever M/Ts, Mastercraft Courser M/T, Cooper STT's and even the nitto terra graps even though theyre an a/t. There are many options for that size but im really leaning towards the mastercraft due to the tread depth and reviews (and price). Any ideas or input would be appreciated im a first time M/T buyer I mainly want the best mileage I can get out of since im starting college soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is way late, and you've probably bought tires already, but I'd throw in Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar...I've been super happy with mine!

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
You'll have to be more explicit as it depends entirely on what kind of wheeling you intend to do if any.

If you don't plan on doing any kind of wheeling them stick to either street tires or snow tires if it snows where you live.

There is no sense in spending money on something that you aren't going to use. Most mud tires made wear quicker on pavement alone than a good street tire will.

In short there is no universal tire that will suit everyone for every use so all you're likely to get here is opinion based on what everyone else has typically. What ever they have is sure to be the best you could buy so unless you're doing the same stuff, ignore them because they don't really know what to tell you.

A good rock tire in the rocks could suck for mud and is not the same as a good mud tire in the mud and so on, etc.

It also depends on how much street pavment use the truck gets. Some tires are only good for dedicated trail rigs and some aren't even legal for the pavement.

Ive been looking at tire reviews for weeks trying to find a good 265-75r16 mud terrain to run on my 01 taco. Ive brought it down to a few options which are the Kenda Klever M/Ts, Mastercraft Courser M/T, Cooper STT's and even the nitto terra graps even though theyre an a/t. There are many options for that size but im really leaning towards the mastercraft due to the tread depth and reviews (and price). Any ideas or input would be appreciated im a first time M/T buyer I mainly want the best mileage I can get out of since im starting college soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
414 Posts
BFG ALL TERRAINS OR KM2. Hands down from experience.

You'll have to be more explicit as it depends entirely on what kind of wheeling you intend to do if any.

If you don't plan on doing any kind of wheeling them stick to either street tires or snow tires if it snows where you live.

There is no sense in spending money on something that you aren't going to use. Most mud tires made wear quicker on pavement alone than a good street tire will.

In short there is no universal tire that will suit everyone for every use so all you're likely to get here is opinion based on what everyone else has typically. What ever they have is sure to be the best you could buy so unless you're doing the same stuff, ignore them because they don't really know what to tell you.

A good rock tire in the rocks could suck for mud and is not the same as a good mud tire in the mud and so on, etc.

It also depends on how much street pavment use the truck gets. Some tires are only good for dedicated trail rigs and some aren't even legal for the pavement.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I have 2 sets. One BFG A/T and the other KM2s.

A/T for DD, dirt roads and sand. KM2 for the muddy trail to my land.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
What experience is that? How is it relevant to what he uses his truck for? He may be into mud or even not doing any offroading at all. He didn't say.
Just because you bought them and found them good for your needs doesn't necessarily mean that he should too. For my needs I like MTR's and find them to be the best compromise but thats for me and what I use my truck for.

Why does everyone do this?

There is no tire that is universally good for everything.

BFG ALL TERRAINS OR KM2. Hands down from experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently replaced my oem tires with BFG All terrain offroad tires. So far I'm very impress with its performance and looks. Price wise yes its much expensive compared with other brand and model, but surely it will last longer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts