TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my prerunner in for the 2002 4x4 TRD model and found that this one doesn't have the towing package. Not a big deal since I have the receiver hitch and plug from the other truck. the problem is in the wiring. Every other vehicle I have had before has the wires handy. green, brown, yellow, and white. On my truck there is a bundle of wires, one thick white with a blue or black stripe, one thin white with a black stripe, one red with a black stripe, and several green wires with different color stripes. 8 total wires. So which one do I splice into for my green, yellow, brown, and white from the plug?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
d0wnf0rcec0ncepts said:
I just traded my prerunner in for the 2002 4x4 TRD model and found that this one doesn't have the towing package. Not a big deal since I have the receiver hitch and plug from the other truck. the problem is in the wiring. Every other vehicle I have had before has the wires handy. green, brown, yellow, and white. On my truck there is a bundle of wires, one thick white with a blue or black stripe, one thin white with a black stripe, one red with a black stripe, and several green wires with different color stripes. 8 total wires. So which one do I splice into for my green, yellow, brown, and white from the plug?
You can buy a wiring harness to save youself some head ache, they're cheap and it's all plug and play, just have to pop off your tail light assemblies to get the access. I have a Reese harness, cost was somewhere around $30...I think.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where did you get it, something most autoparts stores would carry, or specialty stores?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
d0wnf0rcec0ncepts said:
where did you get it, something most autoparts stores would carry, or specialty stores?
Should be easy to find. I've heard people mention another brand of harness that is available at Wal-Mart. A lot of shops might not stock the item (for us), but can order it for you if needed. I bought it at a Canadian auto shop.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Look for "Hoppys" brand, their plug and play, takes about 10 minutes. Splicing wires always promotes shorts and corrosion problems. Get some Dialectic grease and cote the plug prongs with it at the same time to save problems down the road.
Hoppys has a website not sure of the address, try a search using the name.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts